I can't believe how sexist the Borg is!!!

by quellycatface 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Just letting off a bit more steam. WHY can't sisters look after the library or the sound. What makes the brothers SO damned special???

Sorry guys on the board here.

I knew of one brother who could'nt get the mikes right. They would kick-in about 30 seconds after the person got hold of it. Prat!!

• designs
    designs

Eve sinned, its been all downhill for women ever since....in the Bible.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Mic duties are one of those great spiritual privileges that you have to work a decade or two to earn. Akin in honour to handling the ark of the covenant.

Another ridiculous one was the hall door attendant. It was his specially assigned privilege to say hello to people as they entered the hall. Only a brother of good standing and mature spiritual qualifications was allowed to greet you at the door. Qualified to say 'hello'?

Only an empty and pointless organisation that has no genuine spiritual value or meaning what so ever could contrive to add spiritual significance to holding a door open or cleaning a toilet.

Sad and pathetic.

• stillin
    stillin

Nannynannybooboo. You don't have a penis!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I did get a privilege once ACTUALLY.....I was allowed to clean the bogs (the john in the US, I believe).

If you saw the attendant at my ex-KH, you would run a mile. Think of Lurch in the Addams Family. I kid you not.

• XstuckX
    XstuckX

oh yes...."privileges". Like when I was a teenager and my best friend and I ran the sound system at the KH. We would stand in the back and flip the ceiling fan switches off and on lightning fast. So they would turn for just a bit. Then stand stonefaced with the microphones in our hands while a few old folks looked up in puzzlement at the ceiling fans.

To show you how ridiculous it is I haven't been to a meeting in a few months. But whenever I would show up out of the blue they would beg me to run a microphone. Or read the WT. What a joke. Here I am, hardly ever at a meeting. NEVER out in service. But I can have "privileges". Have at it sisters!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I say it's time for a Matriarchal Society. I love bossy women who know what they want.

DD

• NotNew
    NotNew

Oh my...you think it's a privilege?

Perhaps you would like to be parking cars at assemblies in the extreme hot or cold? I would gladly give that so called privilege to u.

Or arrive at meetings earlier to handle these assignments? ( ur supposed to ) not all do but...they should.

I heard the same from brothers who were not permitted to because of not meeting the requirements. ( service time or knowing someone)

It was like having a second or third job...without pay!

It would seem to me that the problem in not having or getting the position...but not being offered the position? Be careful what wish for you may regret getting it.

SW

• Simon
    Simon

I think any society that is bible-based is going to be down on women being equal - it simply goes against the fundamental theme in the bible.

Fortunately, most of society now recognises that this is wrong and silly just as it is to treat people differently based on skin color.

The bible is from a time of slavery, women in subjection and as property etc... - definitely not the work of a loving god.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

No need to worry, sisters, this is easily solved by purchasing this fine, affordable product (warning, very NSFW):

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/ba132721d0/white-man-s-d-k-with-susan-sarandon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit