Ever read back your own posts and thinking WTF?

by DeWandelaar 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Angus Beef
    Angus Beef

Yeah I'm new here and I should just put my name and address on here with all the personal things I've wrote. Anyone from my Kh would know right away who I am... so I digress. They shouldn't be here anyway. I'm sure I'm gonna have lots of "smacks forehead" moments!!

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

So, If I can ask to those who said "yes": Why comment at all?

I know I can be a royal-ass douche, but I'm not trying to do that here. I'm legitimately asking here. What motivates you to comment on a subject if you're just going to come back later and ask "WTF?"

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I read some of my old posts and swear never to post again while drunk. Starting tomorrow...

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

New York44M, excellent point. Not that any would do that here. LOL.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I promise never to post when the sun is over the yard arm , hang on, the sun is over the yard arm now . DARN.

smiddy

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

@Backseatdevil ... the reason of the topic is this: people and their thinking evolves in time. If I read now what I have written 2 years ago I just can not help thinking WTF. It is like: Why on earth did I believe that and wrote it down!

I think everyone on here who's thinking evolved in time have these moments.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

rereading my posts is an unpleasant experience

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's amazing how much my life has changed in 4 and half years. When I joined I was till an elder who knew the WTS spouted BS, but I still believed in god and thought the bible had some value and felt the Borg still had some value. I don't cringe at my old posts, but feel proud of how far I have come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit