Ever read back your own posts and thinking WTF?

by DeWandelaar 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, many times.

I found myself reading posts and thinking what A-Hole wrote that. Then I looked at the name on the post and saw it was me.

To avoid the embarassment, I have learned to look at the name on the post first before criticizing the content.

Rub a Dub

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Yes, what's left of them. But my 'WTF' stands for : Wow that's fantastic!!! ( insert blushing emoticon here). :p

• d
    d

I do back ay my posts andregret writing some of them. I was so angry then.

• nugget
    nugget

occasionally then I rrealise Cantleave was using my laptop and hadn't logged me out first.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes I've noticed too when cantleave uses your laptop. LOL!

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

No... I don't have this problem. Universally I say what I mean and I mean what I say an enlightlenment I've had since leaving the church and my resolutions in my soul do not change and haven't changed in over a decade. I look back at stuff I wrote 10, 15 years ago and severely miss that guy - he was so cool and worded live so poetically. But who I am at the core and what I decide to comment on doesn't really change although through time research may give me a better perspective, so I rarely have a 'WTF moment' going back on past comments.

Now sometimes, if I post something while drinking or something THEN I will bust out in laughter because of my presentation. I sometimes go back and try to post an apology and clarification just to be polite (assuming anyone is paying attention at all). But the sentiment I have remains pretty f**kin' steady no matter what.

It took a lot of years to get to this point where I am happy with who I am and my verbose declarations. Jehovah's Witnesses (I have recently learned) is the exact opposite of this to an extreme level where I would consider them a religious hate group, even if part of that hate is self-hate. Everything I present on the internet is a 'character' anyway, on tiny embellished sliver of me as a person, so THAT GUY can say whatever-the-f**k he wants... what do I care? LOL.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm less wordy.

• d
    d

The posts on hating humanity I was just angry then. I still feel that way but I just do not post my feelings.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I think I will be like that in a couple of years...

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't mind seeing where I changed, but I have gone into a thread and plan to comment only to find I made the same comment already, like two days ago. Getting old is rough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit