abortion vs holocaust

by unstopableravens 692 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Lets try to find the balance here everyone.

Comparing the holocaust to abortion is simply not accurate. Its just to get a rise. it doesn't further the conversation, it is just meant to get a reaction. It accomplishes nothing wether you agree with it or detest it. Hyperbole doesn't win arguments.

There are times when ALL of us accept an abortion is reasonable. Some say whenever the woman decides, some say anytime before 24 weeks, some say in cases of rape and incest, some say in cases where the mothers life is in danger and child has no chance of survival(Catholic hospital being sued for this....the baby literally had 0 chance or survival outside of the womb, but the hospital was willing to let the mother die), some say as a zygote but not a fetus because the genetic material hasn't taken form, some say before the baby is thought to be able to register pain, and some accept the bodies natural process for a miscarriage if biologically the body is incapable of the pregnancy, or has determined due to stress that it should not proceed.

ALL of us fall into one or several of the above. Even those who believe life begins at conception (which I am sympathetic to simply because the end result is almost always a viable embryo and a healthy baby), can agree on the last one if nothing else.

Then there are times when ALL of us agree it is abused. Late term abortions are basically killing a small baby. If they can survive outside of the womb and you kill them while inside, it makes no difference. Because you wanted a boy. Because you wanted a girl. Because you just don't care or have no code of ethics as a human being. Anything FORCED by family, friends, or anyone else. Abortions insisted on by shamed family.

So this being the case, and since we all have to share the planet, why not come up with the closest compromise?

• cofty
    cofty

why not come up with the closest compromise?

Dogma doesn't compromise.

Unstop would deny a life-saving abortion to a woman with an ectopic pregnancy - apparently because he is pro-life.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I gave up here this morning. You voices of reason have incredible patience.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: yet again you choose to focus on 1% of all abortions and leave out the major percent. ohh well

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

so would you agree that abortion is ethically acceptable for that 1%?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty : notice your wording unstop would "deny a life saving" abortion.... when pro choicers would not deny a life ending abortion to 15 week baby.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Haven't read all 10 pages but maybe you're not considering the FASCISM aspect of the holocaust? We can see it resurging in the UK right now. May god help us all.

Loz x

• cofty
    cofty

Please answer the question Unstop.

When a woman has an ectopic pregnancy there is no hope for the baby, the woman will suffer a rupture with internal haemorrhage which may lead to hypovolemic shock and death.

Would you approve of a life-saving abortion? Yes or no??

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

jh: as far as ectopic, there have been some that survived in the abdominal and i dont think any in the filobin tube(sp) i personally think when a situation comes down to the mothers life or childs, its okay for the mother to be the focus if only one can be saved, however i dont think they should include aborting or killing the baby.lets say theres a fire, and the firefighter can only save one of the two ppl trapped in the building, would he be okay saving the one and shooting the other that he can save, i wouldnt think so.

• Perry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit