A House Divided Against Itself Falls-Luke 11:17

by Stand for Pure Worship 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

That text reminds me of one of a handful of problems peculiar to the ex-JW community. Second only to the Wild Beast's internal divisions, is the divided makeup of the ex-JW populace. You know the one thing that indicates Jehovah's blessing upon the worldwide association of Kingdom proclaimers, is not only the continued success of the preaching work, but along with it the unity and love amongst the brothers and sisters. (John 13:35) Pitifully, that same kind of unity and love isn't evident within the ex-JW community. On any given day, this forum has threads that criticize Christians, or attaboy Atheists, badmouth JWs, feel pity for JWs. LOL, for a conglomerate of folks that get off on accusing the WT of flip-flopping, the ex-JW community isnt exactly consistent ya know!

Then there's the multiple movements within the hive. FreeMinds, Six Screens, Cedars' group the AARP, etc.. All with different agendas and motives. Nobody within their right mind would expect any success unless limited, and I mean very limited if not crippled success by the ex-JW community. It's like Jehovah has confused your languages, or removed the wheels from your chariots.

To be fair, maybe it's me. Maybe I've been a JW so long that I cant imagine being part of any movement without unity and love amongst ourselves. How do you folks do it?

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I'm glad you're happy as a Jehovah's Witness. Is there something causing you to have doubts? What prompted you to come to this site?

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

I honestly dont know Paul, I guess I find it fascinating that you people exist.

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

Well, at least by coming here it might help confirm that, for you, it's best to stay a Witness.

• paul from cleveland
  • wizzstick
    wizzstick

for a conglomerate of folks that get off on accusing the WT of flip-flopping, the ex-JW community isnt exactly consistent ya know!

The one (massive) difference is that this community doesn't claim to be a under the direction of God's spirit.

To be fair, maybe it's me. Maybe I've been a JW so long that I cant imagine being part of any movement without unity and love amongst ourselves. How do you folks do it?

Yeah, it's hard. Painful, to begin with.

But as time goes on you realise how much easier life becomes. Less stressful. More enjoyable.

Examine JWFacts closely. Check the quotations.

I did. And slowly, but surely, realised that the Truth is not the Truth.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

I think I know are pure worship... Anyway.... How do you folks do it? Hang around for a while Baby, we too cool for school

insot4

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The troll is hungry

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

We don't claim to be one united group that speaks for God. We don't claim to be the only path to salvation. The unity so valued by the Jehovah's Witnesses comes at a price, and that price is not worth the cost to us. We are all individuals, we are free to think for ourself, to say what we think, to be ourselves. Yes, it's messy, that is life.

The unity you are so proud of is false, enforced by judicial committee and swift and final expulsion for any that ask too many questions. I was in this religion for thirty years, I saw too much - too many suicides, too many disfellowshipped, too many depressed, too many families broken apart by disfellowshiping, including mine. It was hard, but I had to face the truth, the real truth, this religion was not right. Those men in Brooklyn were not my path to salvation, no man is. I would rather live with reality than go on pretending.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Here we go again....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit