Will you download the WT app on Monday?

by bytheirworks 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Emery
    Emery

@adamuh, I don't plan on being angry or bitter, I plan on exposing a cult app for phones. Why you automaticaly assume that posting info to www.jwfacts.com or showing the TTATT will hurt is absurd.

• Laika
    Laika

There are currently 9217 reviews in Google Play for Android, 9162 have 5 stars. I imagine the negative reviews will get downvoted as well, I don't think we can compete with them.

Some of the positive reviews are quite funny, my favourites are the ones that say they will never forget this day or the weekend.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Why aren't you guys shocked that it includes other Bibles, especially the once-vilified King James Version? I'm shocked and you should be shocked too.

Edited to give credit to DATA-DOG on another thread, he's shocked.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Just saw the app on the iTunes App Store, number 7! Every review a 5 star barr one (by free thinking girl)

the reviews are terrifying. One even said they hadn't finished downloading it but they knew it was the best app ever. Scary.

• Violia
    Violia

my malwarebytes tells me when I begin a download if it has spy ware , whatever. It will block the download.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Surely an app cant access your personal detail, like name and address etc? Maybe I don't enough about how apps work but I'd be very surprised if it could do anything more than know basic location, if even that.

• adamah
    adamah

Emery said-

@adamuh, I don't plan on being angry or bitter, I plan on exposing a cult app for phones. Why you automaticaly assume that posting info to www.jwfacts.com or showing the TTATT will hurt is absurd.

Hey, I don't control you: you can do whatever you'll want. I just suggested that if you ARE going to post, use caution.

Any attempts at TTATT is like spitting into a stiff headwind, since the mindless praise for JAH is overwhelming.

Valkyrie said-

Um... I suggest, instead, piling on more over-the-top praise, thanksgiving, adulation, elation, etc. - to the point of parody.

A much more eye-stopping, humorous takeaway for casual App Store browsers.

"I wish I could give this app 10 STARS **********!!! A worldly ratings system does not do justice to this blessing from Jah's earthly channel of knowledge!"

LOL, Valkyrie!

It's kinda hard to use sarcasm, when all the uber JWs beat you to the punch, drowning out attempts at sarcasm with their reality!

I won't, but I'd be tempted to post a FIVE-STAR review, with something like this:

"Thank JAH for the app, although it keeps crashing! My fault: I bought my iPhone 4 at a garage sale, and apparently it was demonized by the prior owners, since JAH'S PERFECT app won't run on it!!!"

Adam

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Vals idea is perfect!

As a non jw I'd have quite a few questions for the next jw I met if I read something like, "just wait until all non jws realize they worship the harlot of Babylon with THIS version! Maybe those who attend churches will finally realize they're being led by Satan and join the only true religion! "

Those types of comments capture the true essence of the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit