"The excitement is PALPABLE"

by Separation of Powers 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

It will such a let-down, but it will take most of them a few weeks to realise it was a let-down.

Exactly so.

If only I had a nickel for every time the expression "oh that was so encouraging! !!! !!!" will be uttered this weekend.... I'd buy my own Caribbean island and use $100 bills for fuel.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

A JW "sister" told me that she has already made plans with her UBM to go sailing in the Chesapeake. She told all her usual freeloaders (my term) that they will need to get their own rides. Her words, "I'm not going to feel guilty; it's just a meeting."

I have high hopes for my one remaining JW friend.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Not sure about the congregation because no one has said much about it to me but hubby, who's an elder said he can't understand what all the fuss is all about...

• Londo111
    Londo111

I know it's a cult and I'm not going, but I'm excited. I supposed it's like the Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times." No matter what this might be interesting...

• HBH
    HBH

That was funny SOP, sounds like an uber.

I googled Fred Franz and got this video.

http://youtu.be/CH39xJL4puQ

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

This will no doubt be just as 'SPECIAL' ,and thrilling, as the yearly 'Special talk' given after the Memorial ........ Special ,SPECIAL, speeeecciialll

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I asked my wife how she felt about us not getting "tickets" to attend (since we are no longer active).

She said "We never attended it in the past. What's the big deal if we don't attend this year?"

Yeah Baby!

Doc

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I've been to annual meetings before, and they are NOTHING to be excited about. The gilead graduation was much more "palpable" because the liquor flowed from mid-morning to the late evening.

I remember being invited to an annual meeting some years ago by an older Bethel overseer and his wife that I liked. I thought I was going to the Stanley Theater, but NOOOOOOO, ended up watching/listening to it at Watchtower Farms. Bummmer. It cost me $600 airfare, a rental car for 3 days, and motel cost at the Watchtower Melba Toast Inn near Walkill. The meeting consisted of a few branch overseers giving reports about how the preaching work was doing in their countries. Basically, year book material first hand. (You remember the yearbook that nobody ever read?)

It was still/freshly rumored about the Watchtower Melba Toast Motel manager who was an elder having sex in the motel rooms with the young good looking pioneers working as house keepers. One ended up getting pregnant and he had her move into his house with his family. Eventually, his misconduct was revealed.

Backstory: In years past there were many younger sisters that moved around Bethel to find marriage material, the sisters would live together in rental homes and work at Patterson or Watchtower farms mostly in some sort of construction support while at the same time working secularly for money. When I was single waiting to get visas to enter countries to do branch construction I met many nice young ladies/ummm sisters.;) .

Anyway, That was the first and last time I spent any money on the "vacation" from hell to nowhere annual meeting to attend a kingdom hall meeting where I had to pack more meeting clothes than socks! Back at home, the well to do elders would flaunt that they had gone to the annual meeting as if they should be worshipped because they were so close to the hub of the organization the "Governing Body". This weekend will be another let down of exponential terms. Szzznznznznznznznz. I think I'll go see the 3D movie Gravity, with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. That should be "palpable".

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It's gonna be great. I just know it is

That's the typical programmed response from a JW regarding any special meeting, or assembly. But when pressed, I doubt her, or any other JW, could articulate exactly what's great or exciting about it.

• blondie
    blondie

jws probably think that the beginning of the end is going to be announced. They are having this in other countries right? Used to be thought by many jws that the end would be announced at the memorial not thinking that they are not held simultaneously.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit