Ever straight out lied to the elders faces?

by MarchOn 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

That's where I made my big mistake, not lying. Stupid me. I didn't understand the rules back then. I realise now that I was meant to say what they wanted to hear, not he truth. ::: OF COURSE I BELIEVE IT'S THE TRUTH. (choke, choke!)

Marilyn

• Francois
    Francois

Does the Pope wear a funny hat?

Then, when I got older, I took an agressive stance. I said, "You brothers do not have the moral authority to question me, nor anyone else in this congregation, as long as you accept Bro. Mitchel as an elder in good standing."

Boy, did that take 'em by surprise. And I wouldn't move off that position, answer any questions, provide any information, etc. Didn't budge. And it worked.

Wouldn't that come under the heading "Theocratic Warfare" or sumpin' like 'at?

Francois

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

:::as long as you accept Bro. Mitchel as an elder in good standing."

Give us the dirt on Br. Mitchel!! C'mon, you can't cast nastersians at Br. Mitchel and not go into detail!!!

Marilyn

• simplesally
    simplesally

Oh I like that reasoning........I shoulda said something like that!

I have seen so many elders, servants and pioneers get away with so much and no one says a durn thing....

• Simon
    Simon

Well, technically it wasn't a lie ...

They asked me if I had a tape recorder at the committee meeting with 6 of them.

I didn't have a tape recorder - I had two!

Do I feel guilty? What do you think ...

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

I was busted for smoking once as well when someone supposedly seen me do it, I told them (since I'd been in for this before) that it just couldn't have been me as I haven't touched that stuff since the last time I talked to you guys. Well they dropped it and I went to the parking lot, got in my car and lit a cigarette and drove home..LOL Some holy spirit directed inquisition that was!

-Rick

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

You bet your bootey I did!!!

I got hauled into a meeting one night and they interrogated me for almost an hour. I slipped out of that one smelling like a rose.
    When I got sick of lying and finally came clean with my pops it left him speachless (and I was real naughty too). Of course, being the good elder that he was, he turned me in to his cronies. When I went to talk to the elders in my DF hearing, it was the same ones who talked to me the first time! ooops

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Never did, I guess that is why I had a "bad attitude". They'd ask me, "Are you taking Karate?" Me, "yeah." Then 20 minutes of articles from the stone age with experiances of complete morons.
    Then I get caught for getting drunk and they ask this question.
    "Do you think you have a drinking problem?"
    I said to the main elder, "I'll answer that as soon as you answer my question. Do you STILL beat your wife?"
    If there is one thing I can't stand it is a hypocrite. I got DF'd while others were doing the same things, they just lied about it. I made it a point to get as graphic as possible about my "fornication" since I knew what was coming. To all those out there that fear Disfellowshipping, don't. The grass is not only greener on this side of the fence there is less BS.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Of course; but only for stuff that was non of their damn business anyway.Did I feel guilty?No, they were going too far.

But I did watch an elder lie bare faced to them,when I turned the bastard in...and he knew I heard...he got away with it of course; but hides from me in the street..I spend FOREVER trying to BUMP in to him to watch the squirm fest that follows!!!!!

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

It is so sad that any of us were put in the position of having to lie to begin with. I would of rather faced the principal at school, get swats,or expelled or face my parents and get beat or grounded then to face the elders. I would have to say that going before them must be alot like being on trial and knowing that your fate is in their hands. They are the judge and jury whom will determine if they will hang you are not. So you lie your a** off because if you don't you just handed them the rope their going to hang you with.

I always used to think about what the JW's said about how ignorant the Catholics are for having confession because God already knows what you've done. Well, I applied that in my life as a dub. Why confess, God already knows what I did? But this made me a better person today because I lied sooooo much back then, you know one lie after another to cover all the other ones, that I try not to lie at all now. (sometimes you just have to:) And since I started this post, I must confess to all of you, I lied about everything I just wrote. Just kidding! Thanks for posting!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit