Ever straight out lied to the elders faces?

by MarchOn 21 Replies latest jw friends

• MarchOn
    MarchOn

Did you ever get busted for something that you really did do when you were a dub and get hauled in, just to sit there and deny what you were brought in for? And then feel really good and not quilty when you pulled it off because they believed you?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Not exactly ... well, kind of sort of ... I used "Theocratic Strategy" ... but I will save the details for an upcoming series where I was in the "hot Seat" for being a bad boy.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

What and lightening did come down and strike you dead????

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

yup i sure did lie to their faces! i was busted for smoking and my parents turned me in to the elders. my meeting went something like this:

are you still smoking?

no

why did you start?

peer pressure

will you continue?

no way, i'm really sorry i ever tried them! i'll never smoke again!

blah, the sorry i ever tried them now is true but back then i just said what i knew they wanted to hear so i could leave the scary back room. and after that i was a lot more careful about where i hid my ciggies. i really hated how devious i was, how easy it was for me to lie to escape punishment from the elders and my parents. god i'm glad i'm outta that religion!

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Does a bear shit in the woods?

You better believe it. They had me dead to rights many times. They called me Velveeta because I was so smooth.

Slipnslidemaster:"Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the darkside."
    -Emperor Palpatine

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Would withholding information be considered lying? If it is then yes I have.........
    (sorry, eight years of Bill Clinton makes me ask the question...)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I was an elders daughter so yeah I lied right to my own daddy's face.
    I had too, I wanted to tell the truth, but he would have beat me, and locked me in my room. I was very afraid of him, the physicall punishment was bad enought , but the worst was if I let him down. Any little minor mistake , he took it as i was hurting him on purpose. Too much pressure for a child. When I was a teen, got in some trouble and decided i would face Jehovah God almight at armeggedon with my secret sins , than to face my father and the other elders.

I always felt guilt, but in my heart I thought God would forgive me,
    but my daddy wont. He continues this pattern even now. How dysfunctinal is that? Hence the name LyinEyes, working on being free to not hide or lie about who I am anymore.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Yes ThiChi: Withholding information is considered by the Elders to be a "Sin of Ommission" ... however, there are ways to deal with this too.

Later on I will give an account of the time where I was in the hot seat ... and I admitted a certain transgression ... and then they asked, "Is there anything else we need to know about?" Ha!!! No Brothers, you have all you need to know.

• noidea
    noidea

Ummmmmmm..

Is this question for just one of "Hot Seat" meetings...or did you want to know about all of them?

hmmmmm *the answer would still be the same.

I plea the 5th.

~Noi~

• LB
    LB

Not me, they've lied to me though.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit