"Why would everyone be included this time...unless something special is about to happen?"

by Separation of Powers 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

So, I am talking to a long time friend, you know, the non-judgmental type that doesn't really mind that I don't go to many meetings and am never out in service. He tells me that the annual meeting is coming up and that the whole congregation is invited...well, at least the active "approved" whole congregation. He speaks with an excitement that puzzles me, like he just got invited to the locker room of his favorite football team when they won the superbowl. Our conversation goes something like this...

"It's gonna be exciting SOP!"

"Yeah, why's that?"

"Cause this is the first time that "everyone" is being included!"

"Everyone except for inactive people, right?" (he disregards the comment, knowing I will make it a "point.")

"I mean, something special must be happening for them to include everybody."

"Yeah, like what?"

"I don't know...something that ALL of us should know about. I mean, maybe there's something happening behind the scenes that we don't know about...like the beginning of the great tribulation or something."

"Or," I pause, "maybe they just want as many people there as possible so they can explain how much it will cost to build the new Warwick center and the fact that everyone should help support it financially. You know, contribute."

"Yeah, but if they wanted to encourage people to contribute, they could just do that in an article."

"who reads the articles?," I say.

"Yeah, right?," he says, stifling a laugh.

SOP

• ?me?
    ?me?

i think we don't have a meeting that day, but since i am "invited" can't i "decline"? i am pretty sure my in laws will make a big deal to my wife so that we will feel pressured to go. but the last thing i want to do is go as though it is a BIG DEAL, and it is my honor to hear ......wait for it.........A GOVERNING BODY MEMEBER SPEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............ who cares! i am pretty sure i will try to work that day, and especially if it is recorded, and not live i am sure my wife will not be thrilled to go either.

it is like october 7th or something? right?

• WishingLiz
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe it WILL BE a new Bible, and the GB will sign the first 7 million copies! Maybe there will be a tailgate party and some FDS bobble-heads!!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I cannot but feel that this is just one more case of "Much Ado About Nothing"!

Bill.

• SadElder
    SadElder

I heard Kool-Aid is to be served to all attendees.

• label licker
    label licker

It's just the watchtowers way of puninshing those who aren't allowed to go so they will be put on public display at their next meeting. First it was the ones that were questioning that got the boot so they already are a menace to society but noone can speak to those ones to insult them. Wait after the annual meeting how many that didn't go are made to feel like shit or the young ones will be made to get baptised as soon as possible so they can can join the ranks.

I know of an elder who just had his eight yearold baptised at the district convention. I wonder how her six year old brother is going to feel when he can't come with the rest of the family. How sad that divisions are being made even amongst the so called spiritual class families. These guys are pricks and the rest are too stupid to see they are allowing their families to be torn apart even within the cult!

None of this is scripturally biblical.

• seek2find
    seek2find

I kind of thingk there will be more new light brought out. I'm thinking that at some point they will start backing off the 144,000 being a literal number, and maybe make it figuritive. Allowing for the possibility that more than that number will be in heaven. I also think at some point the heavenly class will be extended back to the time before Jesus. Especially in view of the way Heb. chapter 11 reads. But it's just speculation on my part.

• Glander
    Glander

My Grandparents and their 4 sons attended the 1935 convention where the 2 classes (and new name) were the electrifying bombshell "new light" introduced by the FDS serving "food at the proper time".

After that, my family referred to the Great Crowd as the "Jonadab" class...etc etc. I was born 10 years later and grew up with the residual energy still buzzing in my extended family.

I can't even imagine that the cult leaders are going to go back on the 144,000 HARD number that all JW's grew up with as the "TRUTH".

Is this truly what is happening? Forgive me, I don't keep up with all the latest light. One needs a scorecard to know wtf they are teaching from week to week.

• stillin
    stillin

I'm inactive but as far as I know, I'm going. Dammit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit