WATCHTOWER CD ROM to be TERMINATED

by The Searcher 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• trebor
    trebor

A Jehovah's Witness may dispute the quote and the Watchtower Society provided more information in German, but in English, the entire quote appears like this:

“Our coming to know "the truth" - the entire body of
    Christian teachings that
    has become part of the
    Bible - and adhering to it are essential for our
    salvation”.

They put quotes around "the truth" as all Jehovah's Witnesses know (consciously or subconsciously) refers to the organization, its interpretations and especially its primary indoctrination and "new light" tool the Watchtower.

If the intent, when originally presenting the phrase -the truth- was just to refer to the information in the Bible, the sentence at best could have been phrased better, at the very least there should not be quotes around "the truth". By doing that, the writer(s) knew exactly what they were doing, implying, and how that statement should be taken. "The truth" - in quotes like that, again refers to the organization and its teachings.

If any Jehovah's Witness is denying that phrasing, intent, and reference to "the truth" they're just being disingenuous and/or experiencing cognitive dissonance.

When you leave the Watchtower organization, its teachings, and/or interpretations, Jehovah's Witnesses say you have left "the truth".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWgonebad:

We'll soon see.

An "on-line" release would be perfect for the religion because they can edit it to their hearts content, whereas if the info were in CD form, thousands of people can go back and see what was taught. Of course, the religion cannot get back all the CDs distributed to the public and they know this (just like they can't get back all the publications), but this "on-line" release would be damage control for the future. There would be less information in the public's hands.

trebor:

I always hated that expression: "the truth". I made sure that I rid myself of saying this phrase as soon as I stopped going. I just call it "the religion".

• trebor
    trebor

Absolutely, agreed with you LongHairGal on not using "the truth" label. I also do not refer to the members as brothers or sisters. Ditto on calling anything "worldly". Using their terminology just reinforces the control and psychological ties they place on individuals.

brothers and/or sisters = members

"the truth" = the organization('s teachings); The Watchtower Society('s teachings)

worldly = not of or from the Watchtower Society('s approval).

Those are three of the near immediate changes I made after leaving the Watchtower's religion. I made an effort to stop using the Watchtower Society's loaded language to help release the bonds of their control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit