WATCHTOWER CD ROM to be TERMINATED

by The Searcher 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

IMHO!!!

Reasons? Just have a look at one or two of my very many favorites from the WT Library. They are at the very least corrupt in their reasoning, and blatantly blasphemous in the w56 6/1 p. 346 par. 11 quote - "the slave's will is God's will". Shouldn't it be the other way round????????

Anyway, the GB must be squirming at the thought of all these apostate teachings from the Direct Channel of Communication, being readily available for all to see. Therefore, it is highly likely that within 12-24 months we could be advised to dispose of our WT CD and just use the wonderful new online research tool provided for us. That way, we will have the very latest thinking and 'new lights' provided by the FDS. ©

w59 5/1 p. 269 pars. 7-8

To hold to the headship of Christ, it is therefore necessary to obey the organization that he is personally directing. Doing what the organization says is to do what he says. Resisting the organization is to resist him. Furthermore, the order of things requires that the men take the lead in being obedient to Christ’s instructions through..............his organization. 8 One obstacle to obedience and submission is the tendency in imperfect humans to pass judgment on the fitness.....of the instructions that come down to them. Instead of accepting these as from Christ through the organization, they debate within themselves, or with others, what they shall do.

w57 6/15 p. 370 par. 7

It is vital that we..........respond to the directions of the "slave" as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.

w56 6/1 p. 346 par. 11

Therefore the slave’s will is Jehovah’s will. Rebellion against the slave is rebellion against God. A proper mental attitude toward the slave’s direction is a part of keeping pace with the New World society.

w10 9/15 p. 27 par. 10

.....Christ is using a small group of anointed Christian men as a Governing Body to lead and directhis disciples on earth.

w01 8/1 p. 14 par. 8

.....the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through......"the faithful and discreet slave."

w06 9/1 p. 28 par. 5

........recognizing Jesus as the sole channel through which God’s blessings are extended to all mankind. [the truth shines through!!]

Like to share some of your WT Favorites which are eye-openers?

• St George of England
    St George of England

I think it's only a matter of time before the CD-ROM goes, or the pre-2000 stuff is removed to bring it in line with the jw.org library.

Not sure when this will happen however, we are currently taking orders for next years CD along with YB, Text, Volumes etc.

George

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Are you old enough to remember the "Self-Righteous Brothers? :)

g73 12/8 p. 29 Watching the World

Some religious organizations are going to new ends to acquire money. The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church in Buffalo, New York, now accepts credit cards, (shock, horror!!) not just cash donations.

w75 12/15 p. 743 Christendom’s “Holy Place” Soon to Be Desolated

The religious systems of Christendom have constructed magnificent buildings throughout the earth. They have also amassed great wealth in other forms. In many lands, these vast holdings are, by reason of their claimed sacred status, exempt from the assessments and taxes imposed upon businesses in general.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Little gems like these make me very happified. Thank you

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

They already are publishing a new book (DC2013) which ONLY shows the NEWEST teachings... there will not be any new indices appearing. Now why would that be? ;)

• garyneal
    garyneal

marked

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"He who controls the past........." Now for all of us this is not aproblem, we will access whatever we want on-line, but if you are trying to prove to a mind-controlled JDub what was taught in the past, they will simply say "They never said that" show them on-line and they will say "Apostates changed that".

We need to get hold of WT CD's and keep them.

• Perry
    Perry

Excellent Research - Searcher.

Over the years the WT has been quite critical of especially the catholic church in making their traditions equal to the word of God such as:

1994 Catholic Catechism Paragraph # 82 -

As a result the Church, to whom the transmission and
    interpretation of Revelation is entrusted, does not
    derive her certainty about all revealed truths from
    the Holy Scriptures alone. Both Scripture and
    Tradition must be accepted and honored with
    equal sentiments of devotion and reverence.

However, the WT unashamedly claims that their writings are equal to the word of God:

Watchtower December 15, 2008, pg 28 –

“Our coming to know, the truth - the entire body of
    Christian teachings that has become part of the
    Bible
    - and adhering to it are essential for our
    salvation”.

Freaking Amazing!

There is only one way into God’s favor:

I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into
    the sheepfold , but climbeth up some other way, the
    same is a thief and a robber
    …Verily, verily, I say
    unto you, I am the door of the sheep. - Jn.10: 1-7

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

If the WBT$ is trying to save money then I can see them stopping the CDRom in favour of the R&F using JW.org instead.

Not only will it save them money but the WBT$ can hope to gradually hide all the old light(TM) as the years roll by.

Although old light(TM) will be on the internet the R&F will be bullied into not to looking at it.

Of course I could be wrong.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Punk this is why I see them encouraging the use of jw.org to have a paid membership. Plus, encouraging the study WT etc to be printed out from the home computer. They can change any wording they want, at any time, by doing this. They don't care about the hard copies. They will just deny and call it apostates twisting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit