Another one...nine felony counts - Sun Valley, CA

by Dagney 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Adamah, in the 50s and 60s I remember sisters introducing themselves as ministers in the d2d work. I remember it being taught that all publishers were ministers. Am I the only one who remembers this.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

My husband and I caught this story on the 11pm news. Looks like they are looking for more victims:(

I'm always happy to hear the WTS is being exposed, but then its followed with feelings of sadness for the families effected.

A knot forms in my stomach knowing what those kids and their families have coming in the next few years, having gone through it myself not to long ago. I hope they have each other to lean on.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    truthseekeriam wrote: Looks like they are looking for more victims:(

According to the report on the news, the police *are* looking for more. The fact that none of the cong attendees will even make eye contact (probably at bequest of HQ) just makes them all look like they have something to hide.

While the individual members may not be guilty, certainly the organization does. Most of the members just don't know it yet. So there is an apparent transference of guilt.

It was a little surreal watching that piece last night.

-Aude.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" Not all baptized rank-and-file members go on to become elders and ministerial servants .."

This is correct, but it doesn't matter. The fact is that EVERY BAPTIZED MEMBER of the Jehovah's Witness movement is considered to be an "Ordained Minister" at the time of his or her baptism. Any statement to the contrary is double-speak and lies on the part of WTBTS Elder/Lawyers. There are cases where certain government entities require an official document, in those cases only MS or Elders come into the picture.

The WTBTS has "adjusted" and tacked in the wind redarding it's view in the past as to the identity of who is an "Ordained Minister", basically speaking out of both sides of it's mouth. What will legal and financial difficulties bring? Nu-lite, perhaps? Watch for the changes. Think like a Corporation.

Elders with background and loyalty checks = " Ordained Ministers"

Everyone else = Rank and file with " personal ministry "

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/251301/1/JWs-are-ordained-Ministers-er-umm-right

DD

• whatzup
    whatzup

I saw the news in Spanish and they said it was an "Acomodador". (Attendant in English). And they said it was a child's parents who reported it to police.

• blondie
    blondie

Pedophiles are not df'd if they confess to the elders and these elders consider them appropriately repentant. Even if the pedos are found guilty in court and sentenced to prison. It is not a matter of guilt but who has the authority to absolve them of their sins.

In my area the elders reinstated a pedophile after 8 months and it took 8 years to reinstate a sister who committed adultery because her husband was an elder in that congregation. Consensual sex between 2 adults = 8 years, raping a child = 8 months.

• Mum
    Mum

gma-tired, you are right about every JW being an "ordained" minister, at least back in the days when I was on the inside. We females were told to say we were a minister's wife if we were married. In some way, we were to be connected with a "minister."

One of my teenage friends said she was going to say, "My name is ____, and I'm going steady with a minister's son.

• designs
    designs

Being abused as a child or teenager changes everything.

• blondie
    blondie

*** w01 1/15 p. 12 par. 4 Overseers and Ministerial Servants Theocratically Appointed ***

At their baptism, new disciples are ordained as ministers of Jehovah God. Who ordains them? In principle, the words recorded at 2 Corinthians 3:5 apply to them: “Our being adequately qualified [as ministers] issues from God.” They could wish for no greater honor than to be ordained by Jehovah God himself!

• piztjw
    piztjw

Elders of the church came forward with information that led to Lozano's arrest, he said.

Sounds like the elders were covering this up...doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit