Another one...nine felony counts - Sun Valley, CA

by Dagney 41 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dagney
    Dagney

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Church-Usher-Charged-With-Sexual-Abuse-of-Boy-Parishioners-217825121.html

Church Usher Charged With Sexual Abuse of Boy Parishioners

Marcelo Lozano, 34, faces nine felony counts

By Melissa Pamer
    | Thursday, Aug 1, 2013 | Updated 1:51 AM PDT

View Comments () | Email | Print

Church Usher Charged With Child Sex Abuse advertisement

An usher at a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation in Sun Valley was charged Wednesday with sexually abusing four boys he met at the church.

Marcelo Lozano, 34, is expected to be arraigned Wednesday afternoon at Van Nuys Superior Court with nine felony counts, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

Lozano, who was an usher for the church’s Spanish congregation, allegedly abused boys who ranged from 8 to 15 years old between 2006 and 2013.

He is charged with two counts each of aggravated sexual assault of a child, continuous sexual abuse and oral copulation of a person under 14. And he faces one count each of forcible lewd act upon a child, lewd act upon a child and sodomy of a person under 14 with 10 years difference.

Prosecutors will recommend that the defendant’s bail be set at $1.8 million, the DA’s office said.

Lozano faces a maximum term of life in state prison if convicted on all charges.

The Los Angeles Police Department is still investigating the case, the DA’s office said.

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

Ha ha, you beat me to it. Just posted a couple of minutes after you. Good find though although not really something we have to search for these days - so many coming out of the woodwork.

S8

• S EIGHT
    S EIGHT

An usher? That's a new one!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Must mean an attendant or guy who carried the microphone. I wonder if this guy will be dfd? I wonder who reported him to the police and what happened to their standing in the congregation? I will follow this story with interest.

• stillin
    stillin

He was exemplary! On his way to being appointed by Holy Spirit!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The more of these perverts that are caught the better. The watchtower(R) has a lot to answer for.

Like Jules asks...who dobbed him in? I bet their name is mud now!

• mP
    mP

Well given the bible doesnt say pedophilia is wrong, and the JW follow the bible its easy to see how this tragic mess was created.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just posted on the other thread. There are no ushers in the congregation. The duties of an "usher" are carried out by an attendant. No michrophones, that's separate. Attendants are Ministerial Servants or Elders 99% of the time. The attendants job is to greet newcomers, help people find seats, watch for disturbances, do security sweeps of parking lots, ect, that is why he won't do microphones or the stage or sound. If you visit a KH, the attendant is the guy who sits near the back all meeting. He probably won't do anything else, if he does then someone else will fill in for him as the attendant.

Just to be clear, Elders and Ministerial Servants are the first picks for attendants. It's very likely this man was a MS or Elder. It would be great to have more info.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Pedophilia within the WT Org. is a "myth".

Just like shunning is a "myth".

• Gayle
    Gayle

These cases are just popping up all over!! Makes me wonder how many don't even go public because of settlements?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit