Reports from JW's regarding the summer convention

by Lynnie 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

So, we're in the final countdown with the convention just over a month away. I've talked to a few folks that have already attended it on the East coast and West coast and keep hearing that its the most up-building program they've ever been to. Seems the message is clear that we need to stop being so hard on ourselves and take time to appreciate the efforts we have put in and KNOW that we are deeply loved. And, we are all here for each other, which, in any other organization would sound utopian or cliche, but in this one, is perfect truth. Never could have dreamed I would be this excited to sit still for 3 days; but, if the rumors are true, this is gonna be goooooood!

Unbelievable! such good brain washing they are doing!

Like · · Share
    • soooo tempted to say NRA. ;)
    </form>
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Seems the message is clear that we need to stop being so hard on ourselves and take time to appreciate the efforts we have put in and KNOW that we are deeply loved.

Maybe they have figured out that when you beat the horse it only goes faster until it collapses and dies. Then it's dead. Lots of JWs have been having the same experience.

Doc

• paladin
    paladin

We have a three day DA in Canada on Friday. I was told by a family member to take notes because their are many good points and good information. It's all about the Truth this time. I have to sit through all this and be a good boy.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I heard it was all about scary apostates and how the Org is the way, the truth, and the life.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Just a slight refinement Julia, the Governing Body are the Way the Truth and the Life.

That pesky little Angel, Jesus, comes way down the pecking order, they have more respect for Satan than for Him.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, that's what I meant, Phizzy.

• stillin
    stillin

NRA? What is that?

i dread the boredom. Good "points?" If I hear only one I'll be surprised.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Seems the message is clear that we need to stop being so hard on ourselves and take time to appreciate the efforts we have put in and KNOW that we are deeply loved.

Sounds like selective hearing. I cannot believe for one moment the GB are patting the R&F on the back. I cannot believe for one moment the paedophile loving GB are saying 'don't be hard on yourself'.

Sounds like the R&F are hearing what they want to hear and all the other hate crime speech is lodged subliminally in their brains.

The only ones the GB 'deeply love' are the paedophiles.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Actually last year's dc had some bits on not being too hard on yourself. A friend who went to the ca this weekend just gone said it was similar. They're using a bit of carrot with the stick, or at least beating the publishers with a padded stick.

Or maybe the publishers r like an abused spouse, 'he may beat the heck out of us, but he does put a roof over our heads'.

Hitler made the trains run on time, too.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

They know that they are reaching a critical juncture. If they are too harsh, they will lose followers, maybe the younger 16-20's " generation " (tm). If they are trying to soften their image a bit to retain followers, then how are they any different than " Christendom"? If they had the " truth " they would tell it like it is and back it up with verifiable facts, and no lover of " truth " would leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit