My Letter to Brooklyn about the Parousia that got me disfellowshipped

by cofty 85 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty, I appreciate your comment. No need to be embarrassed for doing what you thought was right, particularly since you woke up and realized you'd been misled.

What is interesting to me is how your experience illustrates what many of us discovered: we were told that we should be humble and submissive because God valued those qualities in humans. The real truth is that the leaders of this cult just want us obedient.

God ain't got nothin' to do with it!

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Marked. What an impressive amount of research you had to do. So glad your wife woke up, too.

• DJS
    DJS

Cofty,

You went the extra mile for sure. Based on experience the GB probably knew you were short for the WT, which explains why they likely didn't respond to you. I had a different experience at about the same time. I allowed my teen son to listen to rap music as long as it wasn't cop killing and/or ho' beating lyrics. The WT, as many of you probably remember, railed against rap (and rock and anything else that wasn't polka). One WT study article made a big deal about rap, making the defniitive statement that we shouldn't listen to any of it.

Since I had already told my son that he could, and since it wasn't any of the GB's effing business what I allowed my son to listen to, I wrote them a long, very direct letter telling them, in as kind manner as possible, that it was MY business and none of theirs. I was an elder at the time. Believe it or not they responded telling me of course I was 'right,' but since I was taking the lead (i hadn't told them in the letter I was an elder) more was expected of me. Blah blah blah.

Anyway, to make a short story long, the letter didn't carry much weight with the BOE. Most knew the GB had overstepped its authority (what effing else is knew) about rap but that we should mindlessly follow. BS to that. I was in the exiting stage mentally anway, and within a few months I had managed to crash and burn my way out of the Borg.

I try not to hate anyone. But if I was going to hate someone, it was be those controlling bastards in the GB.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    "The word "parousia" is translated correctly in NWT Bible. Your Letter to Brooklyn about the Parousia did not get you disfellowshipped. The reason of disfellowship is your attitude, disobidient and apostasy. I guess my words will hurt you because I told you truth.

The truth is what you DON'T have you moronic imbecile.

Now go back to your mindless state of unconditional obedience to those 7 bozos in Brooklyn.

And don't forget to send in your donation when you get to the hall so the WTS can settle all those child molestation lawsuits.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

marked - good research on that subject

• LogCon
    LogCon

m

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Cofty, I just saw this letter. Good job. I know they DF'd you for telling your FIL about it. I need to continue reading the thread to find the answer to how they were made aware of your discussion with your FIL.

Good writing, good research.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Well, you have defined "knob" well, with that desciptiion of what your FIL did. What a guy! He asks you a question and you give him an honest answer. . . I guess it is a good lesson for others to learn to respond to such as question with "I know that you won't like the answer, so just retract the question".

• Viviane
    Viviane

Rather than DF you, the smart move would have been to invite you to be part of the writing and research committee.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

There was no sycophancy there, Cofty. It was the correct form of words for the context within which you were writing at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit