Silly TV Programs From The 1960s to the 1970s

by minimus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• label licker
    label licker

Maud Squad, Little House On The Prairie, All In The Family, Jeffersons, GoodTimes

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

labellicker - It appears that you were thinking of the show Maude and The Mod Squad , but you kinda mashed them together

• Watkins
    Watkins

I'm tempted to list my faves, too - but y'all have them pretty well covered! Recently on MeTv they ran the series "Soap" - OMG! I LOVED that show! I'll label it as pretty silly, lol. Billy Crystal was so young...

A show I never watched as a kid, "The Burns & Allen Show" with George and Gracie - I find it hilarious today - they were VERY silly!

Nice reminiscing thread!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Route 66 - I did not understand the morality play drama, but always watched it to see the Corvette.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Would Saturday Night Live of the 70's count as silly? I think so...

Chevy Chase, Dan Akroyd, John Belushi, Garrett Morris, Jane Curtain, Gilda Radner, Lorraine Newman, Don Novello --- the best of the best --- they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

• poppers
    poppers

Yeah, I loved Route 66 too, plus it had one of the best TV theme songs ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx6aJf0a7KI

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Get Smart Beverly Hillbillies Bewitched

Stingray My Favorite Martian Lost in Space

The Monkees Batman Top Cat

I agree with Shirley, the thread has become nostalgia not just silly TV. I love Star Trek and Lucy - but they are in a different category - and don't belong on a silly TV show list, IMO. I think the same is actually true of Beverly Hillbillies - the humour and perspective was a really sharp take on the experience of coping with a dramatic life change. Bewitched actually was the precursor of the whole vampire/twilight fascination, the story of a supernatural trying to live in a normal world (albeit under 60s man-is-the-boss rules). The Monkees was silly, but they were groundbreaking - they produced the very first music video.

From sillyness comes great things, I guess!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Remember Saturday night with Mary Tyler Moore and Bob Newhart. Also Friday night with Chico and the Man followed by the Rockford files.

They don't make them like that anymore.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

NY44- Are you aware than MTM is on right now? I'm watching it and it'sfollowed by Bob Newhart, then the Odd Couple then Dick van Dyke on MeTV Channel Every weeknight

• wasblind
    wasblind

77 sunset strip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit