• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Space 1999

Battlestar Galactica

Logan's Run

Planet of the Apes

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

In the fifth grade I somehow got mononucleosis and missed 8 weeks of school. Watched Bonanza and Kung Fu every day. One of my fondest memories.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Really a fun thread.

Love American Style, I Spy, Perry Mason (I still watch that when I can find it...love the old LA scenes), Dark Shadows, Lost in Space (I wanted to be Angela Cartwright), Sonny and Cher Show, Smother's Brothers, Lassie, The Dean Martin Show (every Thursady night after 'meeting' TM), Wonderful World of Disney, Wild Kingdom, The REal McCoys...

Ok I'll stop.

Wait...Gidget.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Emergency! 1 Adam-12, Bob Newhart Show.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

mrsjones5, why do you consider those sci-fi shows as silly?

Ok, the helmets in Battlestar Gallactica were pretty ridiculous, but other than that they were serious shows.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Oubilette, Space 1999 was dumb beyond belief. It was the most scientifically ignorant thing every attempting to pass itself off as science fiction.

Along the same line, everybody in Seattle hates "Here Come the Brides." Anybody that knows anything about Seattle history hates it more. The words to the theme song should have been a giveaway.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I have a feeling after reading the above posts that the most "silliest programs" has somehow converted over to the "favorite" programs from the 60's and 70's.

Well, I'm a child of the 60's so about 90 per cent of the programs listed above are my favorites. I have nothing to do with these new shows on now, like Hello Cleveland or whatever the F it's called, are Community or that office show. I tried to watch 30 Rock one and a half times and all I have to say is I think Alec Baldwin had some heavy child and alimony payments to make, I figure that's the only way he stuck with it. Especially since he hosting some moves on TCM, which is a channel for old fogies like me and Alec (we're the same age) so if he realizes that the old flicks are full of talent yet he starred on that godawful show, I'm sure payments has to be reason he hung in there till the end of the show.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I Spy holds up. It is available on Hulu.

McHales Navy is one.

I love Hogan's Heroes. Hogan and Star Trek. All in the Family has longevity. Maude and the spin-offs I can't stand. Oh, I loved the Jeffersons and still do.

Does anyone remember Sky King and Penny, Fury, Wagon Train, Daniel Boone.

One show that I enjoy in reruns is Murder, She Wrote. There should be a death alert when arrives on the scene.

• minimus
    minimus

I loved Peter Falk as that rumpled old detective.

• poppers
    poppers

Does anyone remember Sky King and Penny, Fury

I sure do. I remember watching them on Saturday mornings. As for "silly" how about It's About Time? Through some sort of quirk a couple of astronauts travel back to prehistoric times. Later in the season they returned to modern times, but with some of the cavemen characters. I think it lasted only 1 season.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit