by Stubborn Disbeliever 38 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

STUBBORN DISBELIEVER- A very warm welcome to you for being here friend. Thanks for sharing your story. You've been through an absolute horror story and what's incredible is that you are not alone ! Many thousands have lived what you went through and post here on this board. And many have become my good friends and vice versa.

Being a born-in JW and raised from birth like yourself ( I exited 9 years ago at age 44 ) - I totally understand how controlled you were by the control freaks in your family. Especially your elder dad who should have been thrown into jail in my opinion for physically abusing you. I had a dominant controlling JW dad who I am still not close to even now when he's almost 88 yrs.old.

I just want you to know that we are here for you as a friend and a support, O.K. ? Anytime you'd like to chat with my wife or me on the phone, just PM me your number and we would be able to talk. Or I could PM you our number and if you feel like calling feel free to. Take care, Peace out, mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

STUBBORN DISBELIEVER- Please check your private mail here on the board. I just sent you me and my wife's phone number and contact info. Feel free to call anytime. Have a great day ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and welcome

• tornapart
    tornapart

Welcome stubborn.. I'm glad you've found a REAL family, ones who will love you as you deserve to be loved. Jesus told us we would gain true brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers. Blood means nothing without love and the ones that truly love us are the ones that are our family.

Enjoy your children, they are so precious and take comfort in your new 'family'.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Good for you, getting out of not one, but two cults, and at such an early age.

Your father belongs in jail, by the way.

So sorry your parents were such hypocrites.

• SAHS
    SAHS

Welcome Stubborn Disbeliever! You’ve come to the right kind of place here.

As a lot of people come to realize, there are really two sets of standards which JW elders live by: the standards they’re supposed to live by; i.e., the standards by which the WT claims elders live by – kind, caring, “a hiding place from the wind and a place of concealment from the rainstorm” (Isaiah 32:2), etc. – which certainly would include living by the “law of the land” (certainly not assaulting their own child!) – and then there’s the actual standards which they live by . . . which, as we all know, are not the same thing.

The standards which JW elders follow, as I’ve found, are, put simply: whichever ones they think they can get away with. (Don’t bother looking for the love which is supposed to exist in all of this – many elders just conveniently toss that out the window. Yes, as long as they tow the WT line, that's apparently all that counts for them.)

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome SD. I'm so sorry you had to go through all that with your family, but glad to know you and your children are now free. Well done.

Loz x

• SeekingTheRealTruth
    SeekingTheRealTruth

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. :-) hopefully you will find many "brothers" and "sisters" in addition to a "mom and dad"

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Its amazing to me that so many here have similar stories. Your dad, JW elder or otherwise, was a bad person. I don't know how afather could treat their child like that.

You will break the cycle with your children for sure, and welcome to the board. All are welcome. In, out, fading, afraid, and all else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit