by Stubborn Disbeliever 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here.

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

Wow! I'm overwhelmed by all the welcomes! Thank you all SO much! Yes, I'm very fortunate to have a few around me that have helped. They have always been dear to my heart. I didn't know why we lost contact until 3 years ago, and it all made sense. But now I have them again and see how true friends are family. I can't wait to get a little more time on here to join in on the conversations! It's great to meet all of you and to hopefully get to know more of you a little better. Such a wonderful thing, this site. It all makes sense why JW never "clicked" in my heart or my head.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome :) happy to have you.

lots of us new ones on here. I hope you keep your peace and happiness. Let your children fill that void. I wish you the best. Hang in there.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

(((hugs))))) Welcome.

• steve2
    steve2

Welcome stubborn disbeliever - I wouldn't wish what you've been through for anyone, but it has made you who you are and it would be a shame if you did not learn a lot of good things about yourself as a result.

I genuinely believe that the day I was disfellowshipped from my local Kingdom Hall was the very day I at last grew up and began to assume the normal responsibilities of being an adult.

I may have felt hurt at the treatment I received from the elders but how could I ever deplore the very treatment that caused me to look at myself and at them and realize I needed to grow up. From that day until the present I can honestly say I have had no urge to return to play school (i.e., the kingdom hall).

All human strength to you as you journey through life. So pleased your children are the light of your life!

• Fernando
    Fernando

A hearty warm welcome Stubborn Disbeliever!

May you make many fine online friends here on JWN.

Most of the folk here are very knowledgeable and kind. Simply ignore the odd bad apple and you'll be fine.

Thank you for sharing your story. I believe it is far more common than many of us realise. The real story is never printed in the Watchtower.

It is ironic that those on JWN know far more about the Watchtower than all their die-hard members combined.

There is a great future beyond the dysfunction of the Watchtower no matter how many generations deep. (I was 3rd gen and in for more than 4 decades, with family dysfunction others find very hard to just listen to).

Greetings, blessings, peace and love to you and yours

Fernando

South East Queensland, Australia

PS - Personally I now identify as SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious).

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Where does your dad live now? I'll pick up a baseball bat on the way...

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Where does your dad live now? I'll pick up a baseball bat on the way...

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

I'm all sentimental and about to cry....then Captain Obvious posts. I am busting up laughing, thank you!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Captain Obvious said: Where does your dad live now? I'll pick up a baseball bat on the way...

ADCMS: Now, now Captain Obvious. Show a little compassion. Her dad needs professional help.

I'll give Stubborn Disbeliever the name of a good proctologist... her dad obviously needs the help of someone who deals with a**holes all day long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit