An apostate goes public

by Borges 23 Replies latest jw friends

• prologos
    prologos

talk up passive resistance; We had a senior Highschool student detlev? VON LAUE, a direct relative of the respected Friend of Einstein and Nobel Laureate (Von Laue was the first to produce an x ray image of an atom,)

This young man never wore the NAZI insignia on his Hitler Youth Uniform, even in the compulsory parade line-ups in our boarding school. That took more guts then sitting for the anthem., but:

He disappeared in the revenge aftermath of the failed Hitler asassination. To get involved in revolt is assinine. The Son of Max Plank lost his life that way too.

When a leaning, weak structure with useless unrepairable fountation, is going to collapse, the wise thing is to get out unscathed. with a clean conscience. jeremiah did.

encourage your audience to be critical, vigilent before entering/ and when exiting.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If I had that much time with a room full of young people, I'd get them moving. Perhaps give them an ice-breaker that gets them out of their seats at the beginning, and perhaps another near the end. Giving them a question to puzzle over will keep them engaged and participating, too.

Have a single concept or slogan that you want them to remember. Tell them early on that you want them to remember it. Repeat it near the end. This will anchor the learning.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, great job on this opportunity!

• Borges
    Borges

moshe - "Talking about my old JW life got in the way of having a regular life and being thought of as a normal person."

Well, I didn't want to talk about my life every time. But there are some lessons we've learned which can be taught to other people, specially young ones.

Gojira_101 - Since this will be an offical lesson in a public school, there will be no one filming it. But I will relate what I've experienced with the students.

prologos - So, you threw rocks on russian tanks!! Thats awesome! Are you from the czech republic? If you refer to the events in the so called "Prager Frühling" that would be kind of ironic, because my hard-core jw father always mentioned these events to illustrate how quick the great tribulation will start. He always said. "As the russian tanks came overnight into Prag, so will the UN overnight make the decission to destroy Babylon the Great."

I'm now 46 and still not healed from this implantation of something horrible is just about to start in the next moment.

Thanks for all you kind words and advises!!

steve2 - There will be no active wittness in the audience, but there are jw-kids at that school. I'm pretty sure the congragation in that town is already aware that an apostate is going to speak at "their" school. Maybe some overzealous parents will complain to the school directory about that.

jgnat - I'm thinking exactly about that. Maybe I'm going to use an example like this: " If you know that a fellow student has a lot of money and you want to have some of it, you can take it from him by force. But thats not a good idea because it will have bad consequences for you. But if you could get the student to give you that money voluntarily and make him feeling that he is doing exactly the right thing at once, than it'll work fine for you"

So I plan to work with questions, with pictures and I will try to focus on the subjects that are of interest even for those, who don't give much about religion at all.

I'll see how it works.

Thank to all of you for that nice and helpfull input!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit