An apostate goes public

by Borges 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Borges.........two hours for questions?

Recently I was one of a hundred participants invited to discuss my profession at our High School's career day event................ after my presentation we had 20 minutes for questions. I averaged two to three questions per session and found it impossible to fill all of the twenty minutes allotted. This was common with the other speakers I had a chance to talk to afterward.

With that in mind you may want to prepare some additional material aimed at generating a lively question and answer segment.

I think it's great you are doing this............ l et us know how it went.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Great. This is akeen to a latest revisal of our fortune. Yes,its our turn

Scott77

• Borges
    Borges

Thank you very much for posting!

prologos - I think I heard about that teacher before. Good apostate song

Giordano - The teacher who invited me wanted to give me about five hours. I said that is way to much. Impossible to keep the focus of the young people on one subject such a long time. Thats why we agreed to have three hours, but if there are no more questions, the teacher can go on with his lesson.

The students will make a list of questions in advance. Some of them I will answer in my talk, some will be left for the discussion additional to the questions they come up with spontaneously. I've planed to work with a power-point presentation which will make it easier to follow.I hope I succeed in presenting the stuff in a way that will raise more questions in the young peoples mind

I know it's a challenge to grab the attention of the students. Especially because the german students in general are not very interessted in religious subjects. Thats why I don't talk just about the jw, but mind control and techniques of manipulation. Will cost me a lot of preparation, but I still have four weeks to get it done.

I will let you know how it went.

Again, many thanks to all of you!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I hope there will be a youtube submission

• moshe
    moshe

I spoke one time for a group that help a conference at a church. Once was enough. Talking about my old JW life got in the way of having a regular life and being thought of as a normal person.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Not sure if anyone else has recommended this, but you should record it and post it on Youtube. I think the more us X-JWs can get out there and educate the general public it will help. We might not be able to save the people still in the cult, but we can help people not to get suckered into it.

I'm actually considering the same thing, I'm going to talk to a local Church and see about giving some talks about being raised a JW and also being a woman. I'm going to try and talk my dad into doing it also.

Nice work!!!

G

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Awesome!

• prologos
    prologos

borges, of course with the nazi brainwashing and their goebbels language, and the east german dis-honest honecker propaganda (we build the wall to keep the imperialist [or their victims] from invading) Pravda Zeitung (the truth, or all lies) you have plenty of german non religious examples to pick from.

Including the similar treatment of dissidents, apostates. by both nazis, Commies and the WT. And of course the 3rd coming collapse that is inevitable. one way or the other.

Deal with the intelllectual dishonesty of nazies, commies and WT. The danger of open rebellion (I was in a crowd throwing bricks at russian tanks). no points in my pension for that.

Applaud their anti - non-religious sentiments. our 1930s definition of an idiot: Matte 6;- Religion 1. ( I would have never taken the "TRUTH" im heimatland.)

keep it simple, Kurz and sharp. think during the pauses.

Congrts on your quality time. .

• prologos
    prologos

sorry for the double post, shaky hand of an octogenerian. ----borges, of course with the nazi brainwashing and their goebbels language, and the east german dis-honest honecker propaganda (we build the wall to keep the imperialist [or their victims] from invading) Pravda Zeitung (the truth, or all lies) you have plenty of german non religious examples to pick from.

Including the similar treatment of dissidents, apostates. by both nazis, Commies and the WT. And of course the 3rd coming collapse that is inevitable. one way or the other.

Deal with the intelllectual dishonesty of nazies, commies and WT. The danger of open rebellion (I was in a crowd throwing bricks at russian tanks). no points in my pension for that.

Applaud their anti - non-religious sentiments. our 1930s definition of an idiot: Matte 6;- Religion 1. ( I would have never taken the "TRUTH" im heimatland.)

keep it simple, Kurz and sharp. think during the pauses.

Congrts on your quality time. .

• steve2
    steve2

I take it that none in your audience are likely to be active witnesses or kindly disposed towards them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit