An apostate goes public

by Borges 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Borges
    Borges

I mentioned in a thread some weeks ago ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/244078/1/First-public-talk-as-an-apostate ), that I was invited to give a talk at a symposium about cults. This will take place at the first weekend in May.

I'm going to talk about the difficulties you have to face when leaving the jw.

Yesterday I've got an another invitation to speak to a senior year class in a middle school. It'll be one hour of information about jw and cults in general followed by two hours for questions and discussion.

It is very exciting to get the opportunity to speak to an audience about what you've expierenced while beeing in the cult, and what happened when you left.

When you leave the jw after more than forty years like I did, you have to invent yourself anew. You have to find new goals and you have to make the decision if you want to leave all the cult bs behind or make something usefull out of what you've experienced. It seems to me, at least at the moment, that the best for me is to stand up and speak out. Not only at the internet, but in real life to real people.

Just wanted to share this.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

That's awesome, Borges! Way to put the word out. Who knows who you may prevent from getting involved with jw's or any cult? All the best to you!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Sounds great!

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

A high school is having you come in and give a speech to the students about a certain religion and cults in general? You must not be in the United States?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

^^^^exactly my thoughts.

• Londo111
  • Borges
    Borges

Thank you! Appreciate your comments!

Blind_Of_Lies - No, not in the U.S. I'm from Germany.

• prologos
    prologos

Boges remember, young people are born rebels and great le(a)rners. I know of a high school in your country, where during the war the music teacher played jewish music, and the students in their hitler youth uniforms adored Jazz, and lapped up the american swing culture in general.

our (apostate) song: --ich bleibe dabei, die gedanken sind (nazi) frei. (sorry for rulebreaking 8, its too late.)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That is awesome. I like the idea of the two hours of questions afterwards, too.

Thanks for making my day.

Prost

Chris

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

It is great that you will be able to speak so freely to young people and make them aware of the various signs to look for. You may unknowingly save someone from the clutches of this cult or another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit