AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree. Many pastors have no real idea of how vile the WBT$ is. Most folk just see the JWs as polite, well dressed people or a potty old aunt figure.

I do not intend to fill in one of these ever again.....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Those forms are totally off our radar.

If we can get churches to distribute a flier to their parishioners who can then hand them out to JWs who come to their doors..... I would love to see the face of the JW who gets it. Hopefully some will pocket it and read it when they are home and do some serious thinking

The goal here is not to tell JWs to leave. It is to help those who have already left or are in the process of doing so, or those who have doubts and just need someone safe to talk to.

• Land of Magog
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If we can get churches to distribute a flier to their parishioners

I love it!

A church I attended were aware that the JWs were a mind control cult.

Anything to shed further light (not 'new light(TM)'), and expose the real dangers of being a JW is good. The more the WBT$ is exposed the better.

DEadvertise, DEadvertise, DEadvertise!!

People I speak to are shocked when they hear what's behind the WBT$ image.

It would be great to think that JWs get woken up by being asked tough questions when they're in failed circus.

• The Quiet One
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What I like about this whole concept is that it is about informing the public (to prevent new people from getting involved), providing people with the information they need to make important decisions in their lives and to help those who are suffering.

If this was about getting JWs out I wouldn't be involved. If it was about attacking the JWs or even the WTS I wouldn't be involved.

I volunteered to work in Support because that is what I am good at. It is what I want to do.

Rest assured that if you choose to volunteer your skills will be matched with the team that best suits you.

I noticed a few people said they wanted to volunteer but weren't ready yet. Come when you can. If you just feel unprepared especially when it comes to answering requests either by letter email or phone, you will get the infomation you need to do the work well. and you will get all the support you need.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes Punkofnice

these forms are proof positive that Jehovah's Witnesses have to earn their salvation

by the hours they are required to turn in at the end of the month

Low hours mean your salvation is in jeapardy

I'm sure many here can remember bein' constantly badgered of this from the podium

on thursday nights and from their book study conductors when they used to meet at

the homes of the Elders

Salvation is definitely earned as a Jehovah's Witness

Yes Lady Lee, information is the best way to go

that way the unwary public can be truly informed

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I will check it out. So how will this Corporation help someone who is being persecuted by the WTBTS? Is it the hope that raising awareness will perhaps force the WTBTS to change? If this takes off, the WTBT$ will claim persecution. Things will get ugly for faders, but I think that is unavoidable at this point. This was going to happen.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It is already ugly for faders

If someone is being stalked by elders or other JWs we can support them and suggest various avenues to get the stalkers off their backs. As JWs we learned to sit back and accept whatever happens. Hopefully we can empower people to stand up for themselves and use whatever legal menas necessary to protect themselves if they need that. For example, stalking is a crime and needs to be reported to the police. It doesn't matter who is doing it. If a child of an ex-JW non-custodial parent is being told that parent is evil, Satanic and demon-inspired by the JWs in their lives the non-custodial parent has the right to address this issue in court. While we cannot give out legal advice we can recommend they talk to their lawyer re: alienation of affection between the parent and the child.

The WTS needs to stop telling JWs to act in a way that breaks the law. We want to provide people with the information they need to protect themselves and point them in the right direction

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting endeavor to watch unfold.

A wee bit of irony: A small, upstart group comes together with one its main objectives being to free people from bondage to [a] false religion. Sounds familar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit