AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

rocketman

Who's the pretty blond with the British accent?

A profound question indeed! That's Cora Latham, wife of Marc Latham (the dude sat beside her)!

Oh, and Cedars...cool hat!

Thanks! I assume you mean the one I wear in my avatar?! The only hat-wearer in the video is Ethan Hatcher, AKA "anondude2."

Cedars

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So CEDARS, or anyone else in the new endeavor, is there any sort of "suggestion box" where we could leave our ideas?

Short-term, I think a cool goal would be to secure the rights to legally disseminate CoC online. . . I really think that the book is that important, and to get it on the iPads and Kindles of as many people as possible would be awesome.

Long-term, a college fund or scholarship for kids who got screwed out of an education would be an incredible accomplishment. If I ever win Powerball I will absolutely set something up!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s who are happy in the WBT$..

Would be "put off" regardless of how appealing the name was to them..

I think the name ..

"Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists"..Is fine..

The "AAWA is for people wanting to exit the WBT$ JW Cult..

JW`s aren`t leaving the WBT$ because they`re Happy with the WBT$..

"Anti Watchtower" lets them Know..

They have come across a group of people just like them..

The name reaches the intended"Target Audience"

.................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks breakfast of champions - we do welcome ideas. As mentioned on this thread, we have our eye on one or two strategies already, but we will always be interested in hearing others. If there is ever a way of getting information like CoC out infront of people, of course we will want to help out. Feel free to email any suggestions like that using the address on our contact page. We can then mull it over between us and figure out whether it's something we can do either now or in the future.

Cedars

• *lost*
    *lost*

Haven't read it all yet, or watched the video. Will do though.

Also a little concerned with the 'Anti'.

May God bless and reward your efforts everyone. Thank you for giving us freedom adn liberation.

much love

lost

• man oh man
    man oh man

Awesome!!! Can you hear that? It is the sound of a trumpeting CHARGE!

• Terry
    Terry

These are just 10 quick suggestions off the top of my head. Take them for whatever they are worth.

1.Create Operation Brainstorm to capture as many dynamic and hard-hitting, workable suggestions as possible from diverse points of view

capitalizing on the wide-ranging experiences of real people by networking will all extant Ex-JW venues.

2.Liaison with the Discussion Groups by interfacing, posting ideas-in-progress for criticism and honing public positions to a fine, sharp point.

3.Encourage active Feedback so as to edit weaknesses out of presentations, press releases, billboard campaigns, etc. before they are launched.

4.Compile a top 10 Target list with the most important first. Channel resources in order of priority. Avoid scattershot squandering of resources and energy.

5.Establish three venues to address victims' needs and interests: A.Women's issues B. Children's issues C.Family related issues

6. Create BEFORE vs AFTER cartoon panels and Call it something like: WHY/WHY NOT (become a JW?) Picture the person who Does and who Does Not.

i.e. DOES= Janitor or Window Washer vs DOES NOT=Entrepreneur or career person,

DOES=Home schooled, anti-science, Duncecap vs DOES NOT=College graduate with investments, retirement fallback and insurance

DOES=Housewife chained to a stove and mop vs DOES NOT=community volunteer, Girl Scout leader, business consultant, etc. etc.

DOES=Refusing to speak to a son or daughter or grandparent (shunning) vs DOES NOT=Happy family tolerant of each other's differences.

DOES= Name calling former members with Hate Speech vs DOES NOT=Picketing for tolerance, Open minded discussion, Free Speech

7.Create an "ASK ME WHY....?" campaign with hot button talking points about Child Abuse, Blood Transfusion policy, Shunning, Hate speech about Apostates

9. Create 60 second viral videos with an arresting punchline message to zero in WTS embarassing cover-ups, failures, etc.

10.Post WEEKLY GOALS that all ex-JW's can have a hand in promoting at a grass roots level whether it is letter writing, phone-calls to talk shows, e-mails, contacting news organizations. Follow up with RESULTS AT THE END OF EACH WEEK so that better and better effectiveness can be reached.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

5.Establish three venues to address victims' needs and interests: A.Women's issues B. Children's issues C.Family related issues

This actually breaks down to smaller issues:

• Abuses
      • Child sexual abuse
      • physical abuse
      • emotional abuse
      • Spousal abuse
        • Unbelieving mates (UBMx and those dating a JW
      • Homosexuality
    • Custody Battles
    • Shunning
    • Blood issues
    • Mental heath and suicide prevention

We are looking for people who have a particular interest or experience dealing with any of these issues to help us give the needed Please volunteer. Even if you aren't interested in responding to people who are seeking information or support there are plenty of other ways you can help.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

The only difference is the substituting of one bad thing (Watchtower) for another (Racism).

Uh, Racism is a belief and Watchtower is a corporation.

The question is, do you think Watchtower is bad or not? If you think Watchtower is not harmful, then you are not an Anti-Watchtower activist, and our group isn't for you.

I dont think the Corporation is bad. I think the Religion is harmful and dangerous, so does that make me an activist?

just saying

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

I like Flipper's suggestion: "Safe Haven & Outreach for Exiting JW's". Keep the AAWA name, but add a subtitle? Just a thought.

Posted your YouTube video to my Facebook page (local dubs weeded out and blocked preemptively! Would like to know how I can help while still keeping a low profile while my dub-in-laws are still with us.

Great Mission Statement!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit