AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I think this should be AAWA's theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

Interchanging mind control,
    Come let the revolution take it's toll,
    If you could flick a switch and open your third eye,
    You'd see that
    We should never be afraid to die
    (So come on)

Rise up and take the power back,
    It's time the fat cats had a heart attack,
    You know that their time's coming to an end,
    We have to unify and watch our flag ascend

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Can we stop talking about the name and focus on the mission and planned strategies?

AAWA is not just about providing support to those who have been hurt by the WTS. That is a big part of it but the look at the key objectives

1. Key Objectives

AAWA is committed to two key objectives:

1. Raising awareness both inside and outside the Watchtower organization of its damaging beliefs and practices
    2. Assisting those who wish to leave the organization by making it easier for such ones to get the help and support they need

To achieve these objectives, AAWA will:

• Establish a network of willing volunteers who may assist AAWA according to their individual skills and circumstances
    • Devise and implement new campaigns and strategies with the help and cooperation of its associates
    • Provide support to those who are already actively involved in campaigns and strategies against the Watchtower organization
    • Accept donations and ensure that these are only spent for the purpose of meeting these key objectives

That first one is all about anti-WT policies. Expose them in any and every way possible. That is activism at its best and we do want the best. We need to warn the public so that the WTS doesn't get new people to hurt. We need to expose those policies so that JWs themselves understand just how controlling and toxic those policies are to them. And we do that because many of us have family and friends and even some we didn't like so much who are still involved and we want the best for them. I could care less if they want to wait for Armageddon to come. In the meantime I don't want them bullied and scared into acting in ways that go against normal and healthy relationships and do no harm to the individual JWs.

• cedars
    cedars

No worries Muddy Waters, thanks for your support.

Vidiot, that bat sign is a piece of genius! Love it!

Cedars

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

yea that bat sign is great hmm I'm gettinmg some ideas from that

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week...

Long live the "double-aay-double-you-aay"!

Christ Alone, I f**king LOVE that song!!! Remember when James Durbin sang it on Idol?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Here is the point. The "ex" community as well as those in and leaving and fading and been gone for decades......is fractioned. So dare I say it....there needs to be some "organization", that leads the charge. I am sure it can evolve, but having a point of start where there can be cooperation and common theme is very important. Especially in getting the message out to the public first, and JW's that will listen second.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

VIDIOT - your realization of my "bat signal" is AWESOME!!!! I think they should use it!

Good job

[and yes, cue the Elfman theme. . .]

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Not to be confused with Asian American Women's Alliance.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    breakfast of champions - "VIDIOT - your realization of my "bat signal" is AWESOME!!!! I think they should use it! Good job "

Many thanks, man, especially for giving me the idea in the first place.

Hmm... now that I look at it agin, I think the "W" is a bit on the thick side...

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

This is my final comment on the matter. I agree completely with what Muddy Waters says. And while I do appreciate that you do not set up a business by seeking outside input, most successful organizations do brand research before they choose a name. The goal is to make sure you choose a name that resonates with your target audience and will not turn people away. I.e. Chevrolet, Nova and Latin America.

You certainly could have set up a numbered company and done a short survey to test your brand among the ex-JW community before actually doing the registration. It would not have delayed your mission at all, and it would have given you the type of feedback successful companies value. The fact that you immediately had what I'd consider a pretty strong and well-reasoned reaction against the name may be saying something worth listening to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit