AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Christ Alone, I f**king LOVE that song!!! Remember when James Durbin sang it on
    Idol
    ?

I DO!!!! It was killer! For your amusement, here it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o27q1NEUnI

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Sorry to derail for a second. I'm just in a REVOLUTION mood!!! It's like the 60's again! :-D

...not that I was alive for all that.

• cedars
    cedars

mamochan13

The fact that you immediately had what I'd consider a pretty strong and well-reasoned reaction against the name may be saying something worth listening to.

You suggest that we should have done some kind of "brand research" on this forum, but you overlook the fact that we're not so much selling our "product" to the Ex-JW community (who so far are overwhelmingly supportive of us) but to outside organizations and the media. By your logic, it is outside organizations and the media who are our customers and who therefore should have been surveyed. What you are proposing is tantamount to a business conducting a survey among its staff as to what it should call itself, rather than its potential customers. That's all well and good, but it isn't the staff who buy the brand - they're the ones who make it.

You say there is a "pretty strong and well-reasoned reaction against the name," but I would say, based on the response so far, that there are far more who love and embrace the name than those who object to it. If nothing else, the considerable amount of money that has already been donated, not to mention the 80+ volunteer forms that have been sent in, indicate that the name isn't as toxic as you or others would suggest.

The name is chosen, voted in by our board. It works, it describes who we are, and we're proud of it. You're free to say "I told you so" if we haven't produced any results 12 months from now. Until then, please let us get on with what we're doing.

Cedars

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Individually, We Are One Drop
    Together, We Are A Ocean
    -Ryunosuke Satoro

• DT
    DT

I think it is incredibly valuable for any journalist who is writing a story about the Watchtower Society to be able to consult and quote an organization that is obviously opposed to the methods of the Watchtower Society. We haven't had that until now and that has probably prevented certain news stories from getting the attention they deserve.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Cedars, Lady lee, Barbara et al

thank you so much for your hard work. I appreciate all the hard work the Randy Watters, Simon, and all of you at AWAA put into your efforts against the WTS.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ALL OF OUR VOICES A BIT LOUDER !!! :)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

There's supposedly seven million JWs in the world; wouldn't it be a kick if the AAWA's membership swelled to fourteen million?

• cofty
    cofty

Let me say first that I am positive about this new initiative. Providing a focus for the common goal of opposing the cult's influence is a good thing.

Having read the mission statement I have reservations about one specific goal. You say that " AAWA chooses to focus on five key areas in which the Society must introduce urgent reforms" and then extend an open invitation to the governing body to meet to discuss how the organisation may introduce these.

I would be interested in any comments on why you decided to take this approach rather than simply exposing the Watchtower and supporting those who feel ready to leave.

Do you really think that reform is a realistic objective?

• cedars
    cedars

cofty

Do you really think that reform is a realistic objective?

Realistic, no. But it doesn't cost us anything to make the offer, and it shows the world we're willing to talk even if they aren't.

Cedars

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Whatever the name is, you have a great team behind this, your intentions are admirable, I will send a volunteer form.

I'm not suggesting a theme song here, but this song has quite a message that fits with the anti-JW theme ... yah, it's by a Christian band, but it's not overtly religious, just appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grvIv0M9oRc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit