AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

After watching the video I was so excited and moved. I then began to cry.

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

This is such a great idea! And frankly, it's about time we had some sort of an organization that can be the mouthpiece of ex jdubs. I have a few recommendations:

1. I feel that the name is slightly destructive to AAWA's causes, both present and future. It is good to keep the focus critical on the watchtower org and not the members, but the name could impose the idea that the AAWA is biased and hellbent on destroying the org. This, in my opinion, should not be the goal but rather the goal should be to expose the problems of the church. Also, it should provide a safe haven for JWs who need help leaving, learning, and/or understanding.

2. Tell me how you feel about this idea: It might be helpful for the AAWA to known of some trusted exjdubs in specific areas of the world who can help any current Jdubs, in their area, in need. Say for example the AAWA is contacted by an individual in New York who who has just been DFed and needs a place to stay and someone to talk to. The AAWA could check their New York database for a trusted exjdub volunteer and connect her with the individual in need of help. Just an idea, not sure of how it could all be executed but its worth looking into. It would have helped me in the past.

Either way, it looks great and we're all here to support it.

Nose

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

If you would need any contribution from someone in Asia, who knows very little about JW, only came to know about it recently because fiance is still one, I am here.

FC

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Love the whole thing except the name.

Example...

anti-watchtower = negative.

freedom from the watchtower = positive

But otherwise I love the whole thing and will volunteer !

• whathappened
    whathappened

This is a great idea and the time has come. Why haven't we done this already? There is strength in numbers.

Not crazy about the name either as it doesn't flow off the tongue very well and I can see where some would find it hostile.

That being said, I will sign up and volunteer and donate next week after payday. You have both my love and respect. You are taking a progressive stand against the evil and destructive issues with the Watchtower Society.

I like the idea of making the local territory a "mind field." Let's do it! Let's sabatogue their preaching work.

How about Google Adwords? You only pay for the clicks. We can go to the local churches and give them fliers with video links and helpful web sites.

I am in!

• whathappened
    whathappened

By the way, I admire the humility of these fine people who have worked so hard but are willing to listen to all of our suggestions.

The self sacrifice you are willing to do for all of us is very moving.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Watchtower Abuse ------- Anti Watchtower ?

The five most damaging practices (targetted by that excellent Mission Statement) are all abuses, whether of

ones very person, their freedoms, family or security.

A name change that reflects this as the main concern would be my preference also.

Could an association truthfully present itself as non-sectarian if its name identifies it as 'anti Watchtower'?

• whathappened
    whathappened

Getting ready for bed I was thinking yeh, I don't care for the name but I don't like the name Watchtower Society or Jehovah's Witnesses either!

Not worried...you can't keep good men and women down. They will rise to the occassion every time.

Love to all and good night.

• Scott77
    Scott77

More than anything else, Ithink this is going to give the Watchtower's GB sleepless nights. The next thing I want you great guys to do is to fine tune your PRO voice and establish credential to be consulted by the media whenever something about the Watchtower comes up, a rebutal must on there in time to provide a sembrance of balance and fairness.

Scott77

• trujw
    trujw

This is awesome! But like others the NAACP is not called an anti white organization. We have pro life. Most groups don't call themselves anti abortion anymore so to have a name that is positive not a negative I think will help the cause brothers. Most people need to know we are not against them but for their help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit