AAWA is here!! (The Association of Anti-Watchtower Activists)

by cedars 535 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• humbled
    humbled

Wonderful!!

Cedars, I remember your comments on a thread @2 weeks back. We all were a-stew about how to stop the toxic shun. You were on the verge of this thing hatching out and couldn't say anything yet.

Now here it is.

Thank you all, Maeve

• humbled
    humbled

ps. Great video

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

i like the idea... asking questions is ok right?

theQO asked valid questions. How is th AAWA gonna handle the questions from their watchers? write a letter to the headquarters?

Sorry but I don't understand your question. Can you clarify what you mean?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Agree with Hortensia.

The name has room for improvement.

• poppers
    poppers

I am very impressed with the video, and feel like it's just the thing to get some tangible organized traction in righting the wrongs of the WT's policies that have been so damaging. Well done, and good luck. The longer I am here the more impressed I am with the people here.

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Powerful video; well done, all. Count me in with those who had a good cry whilst watching this. Donation sent.

Cheers,

RTA

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

(grumblecakes salutes you all)

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Gonna post info on this soon on JWStruggle!!

So glad to be involved even if I missed out on being one of the "great eight" lol...

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Done. The form has been sent. Yes! Count me in.

Alec Holmes

• cedars
    cedars

cyberjesus

i like the idea... asking questions is ok right?

Yes, asking questions is fine. We're not the Governing Body! We have been working on this project since January and have clocked up hours of phone conversations and reams of emails, and all of this has resulted in what we feel is a well-defined model for what we want to do and where we want to go with this.

That said, we don't have all our strategies mapped out in intricate detail yet. Some are still on the drawing board, such as our church outreach program - which we hope will effectively turn many congregation territories into minefields of our leaflets if executed effectively. We have people already signed up to play a part in that. It's just a question of getting the logistics sorted. I've already mentioned convention billboards, I would like to see us getting involved in high-quality video production, and our helpline is still in the concept phase. However, we need to start somewhere, and asking for volunteers and donations so that we can establish funding and a network of associates is as good a place as any.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit