TEC Documentary hypothesis

by mP 302 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

mP: Why cant you just fine a scripture that backs any of your opinions about Jesus, the law, rape, slavery and so on ? How can jesus get it wrong or be at best a poor communicator

TEC:

I can and have. You do not accept them, but that is not on me.

mP:

Are they really answers ? They sound more like pathetic excuses. Again you couldnt find a single scripture that says in one sentence I Jesus cancel the law of Moses and here are the new laws.
  • still thinking
    still thinking

So does god change HIS standards depending on the era? ...still thinking

I think our own ideas and perceptions change with time.

And with them, our own conception of God itself.

How we view ourselves, how we view the divine, and how we view ourselves in relationship to the divine is the stuff that shapes history....soontobe

What interesting comment soontobe.

Not only does it shape history... how we view ourselves IS how we view the divine. That is for sure. The divine IS whatever we want it to be. Thats why there are so many ideas of what it is...and how it works. And these ideas change in our own lifetime. Our concept of god very much depends on US. Everybodys god is slightly different. Custom made to fit what we want and need.

• mP
    mP

Still:

The divine IS whatever we want it to be.

mP:

Not quite, few people invent or shape holy writings and the devine. Most of the time it ends up being the rulers. Its pretty hard to find a religious movement that didnt become political. REligious leaders always become leaders of countries, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit