Suspicious people? No, merely Canadian

by kurtbethel 54 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Yeah..it's pretty cool...maple syrup who knew that it would become a mega natural resource? I can recall going to the sugar shacks where they did the old fashioned tapping and boiling. My mother and aunts used to boil it down and pour it on the snow - it immediately turned into pull taffy and we kids scooped it up as soon as it hit! Yummy. sammieswife

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, that is so cool! I have a friend who does that now as part of her income, and I was very happy about the cold weather this month, b/c I know it means the crop will be good.

How cool is that, though, growing up and having the 'real stuff'.

:D

xo

t

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Yeah...old fashioned French Canadian mother - blanc mange; bread pudding; fresh bread; butter tarts; mustard packs; rolly dough - the list goes on. Poor as church mice on one hand but rich in memories on the other! sammieswife

• talesin
    talesin

omg,., bread pudding and butter tarts ... not PQ myself (NS) but yeah, those memories will last forever.

Can't tell you how much I miss bread pudding! (can't eat wheat) but omg,, can almost taste it! :D

xo

tal

• prologos
    prologos

the duplicity of Canadians was exposed TWICE by Homeland Security secretary Janet Napolitano* who revealed# that the World Trade Center bombers entered the US of A-- from Canada, besides the real explosives destined for LAX that were hidden on a ferry to Port Angeles from Victoria Bc.

* a delicious ice cream conbination.

# a term borrowed from WT terminology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit