Rumors that they spread about you. When you left.

by jerome 30 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

I find it so interesting that the gossip thing is so widespread. For the longest time I thought it was just the local congregation I was in. But hearing all these stories...
    The rumors about us have been laughable, especially how I heard about them. One of my DA'd friends called me at work to tell me that a fade away sister had been told that my hubbie and I were getting a divorce. My DA'd friend knew this was the furthest thing from reality, and also found it extremely humourous.
    The rumors about our children have been more annoying, but we've been putting up with gossip about them even when we were still associating. Non-witness kids have been correcting the Dub kids for spreading obvious lies about our youngest. One of her Dub classmates was spreading lies about her and a boyfriend over e-mail during class (she's too shy to have a boyfriend yet) when a non Dub classmate called the Dub child a liar. More lies about both kids circulating around the hall have been regarding their attendance in school. Rumor has it both have quit school, when in fact both are attending college classes, one at a University and one at a Junior college closeby. Why the congregation bothers with this stuff is beyond me. Don't know how they figure they can get away with such obvious lying - the community knows us well, knows our childrens' reputations. You would think the Dubs would try to build up their credibility, not tear it down. Guess that's part of why I left. I'd like to think I have more credibility than having to rely on gossip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit