"Believers" vs. Atheists- Why this formulation?

by Band on the Run 132 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I refuse to read the entire post. In my view, what Shelby wrote is the complete negation of Christianity. She is more rejecting than the Witnesses. It is not for Shelby to decide whether I am Christian. It is a personal matter between Christ and myself. I have no patient with those who want to contain Christianity and correct others.

What is mainstream Christian is rather objective. My view is my view. No ding a ling can negate my opinion. It is MY opinion, not Shelby's opinion. I cannot begin to imagine Jesus of Nazareth making such statements. Where is your love and peace Shelby? You are full of it. What is far worse than being full of it is knowing that you are full of it.

The craziest reply I ever received on this forum was to my first post. Shelby corrected my understanding of the Bible. Whatcmacallit did something in Sci Fi land and her Lord todl her, host of the Agmigadillos, to.........Some people want honest conversation. Shelby is far worse than the Witnesses, in my view.

Reason and character will triumph over nastiness.

Have a little temper tantrum, be mean, commit slander, and attribute to wahtcmacallitga and one gets a free pass. Not in real life.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I refuse to read the entire post.

Oh, c'mon... you know you read it. Be honest.

In my view, what Shelby wrote is the complete negation of Christianity.

That's your view... and it's an error... but you're entitled to it.

She is more rejecting than the Witnesses.

I rejected no one. I simply shared the truth of the matter.

It is not for Shelby to decide whether I am Christian. It is a personal matter between Christ and myself.

Well I certainly agree with that. Funny, you won't allow me the same thing, though. No, in your view, MY christianity has be between me, you, and some mainstream religion. Oh, and one or more of your tenured professors ('cause they certainly would know)...

I have no patient with those who want to contain Christianity and correct others.

Yet, here you are, again, attempting to correct me. Hypocrite.

What is mainstream Christian is rather objective. My view is my view.

And I mine.

No ding a ling can negate my opinion.

Nor mine. Yet, here you are... trying to do that.

It is MY opinion, not Shelby's opinion.

That's the difference between me and you: I kept my opinion out of it. Rather, I shared what others stated about it... and the conclusions one would HAVE to come to... if they even read a fraction of those statements. Now, I say one doesn't need to read writings of men to get the truth of these things but can go directly to the source. You overlook and negate the writings, so I have to ask: what is the SOURCE of your "opinion"? Nevermind - I know you won't answer... because you don't HAVE an answer.

I cannot begin to imagine Jesus of Nazareth making such statements.

Of course you can't. You don't know him. "Jesus" OR JahEshua. Even so, you obviously haven't read your Bible much. Perhaps you should start there. I promise you, you will need to adjust your "opinion".

Where is your love and peace Shelby?

I offered you peace... and love. You told me NOT to. I am doing "unto" you, then, what you ASKED me to. Which is what love COMPELS me TO do: what YOU wish... and not what I wish.

You are full of it.

Ah, yes. Where is YOUR love and peace? Oh, that's right: you have a different "christian standard" for yourself. Of course you do.

What is far worse than being full of it is knowing that you are full of it.

Only you would know that...

The craziest reply I ever received on this forum was to my first post. Shelby corrected my understanding of the Bible. Whatcmacallit did something in Sci Fi land and her Lord todl her, host of the Agmigadillos, to.........Some people want honest conversation. Shelby is far worse than the Witnesses, in my view.

Good lordy, where IS your christian "forgiveness"?? I have absolutely NO idea to what you're even referring to... but goodness, you bring that up every chance you get: "Shelby corrected my understanding of the Bible!" The proper CHRISTIAN response to that is... "THANK YOU"! I mean, I could have left in your apparently erroneous understanding. But it was corrected, as you admit. How were you harmed? I will tell you how: your very fragile ego was bruised. Because HO! who is anyone to correct YOU, Counselor? Oh, no, no can do. And so you've been on a vendetta ever since. QUITE "christian" you, yes. And intelligent, yessiree...

Reason and character will triumph over nastiness.

Yes, like the reason it takes to still be mad at someone close to two years later... for helping you OUT? Rather than being thankful? Or at least, if not thankful, mature enough... either from a christian standpoint... or just plain old AGE... moving on and getting OVER it already.

Have a little temper tantrum, be mean, commit slander,

Temper tantrum? Me?? LOLOLOLOL! And you confuse my forthrightness, even my honesty... with being mean. Because, of course, YOU can say what you will to and about someone, but dogGONE if someone can do so with you. You usual suspects... always dishing it out then crying like little... well, you know what I mean... when someone hands it back.

Really. Grow a pair.

and attribute to wahtcmacallitga

I mean, seriously. You know the name. That you can't bring yourself to say it is only indicative to ME... that you aren't PERMITTED to. I don't know if that's something you really want to brag about.

and one gets a free pass.

Not expecting anything free from anyone... except my Lord. What comes from him is ALWAYS free.

Not in real life.

Not in YOUR life. And I'm not sure that's real. It certainly doesn't sound like much of a life.

I have no problem giving you what you keep asking for from me, Band. You don't scare or intimidate me. You don't phase me. Really. The sooner you get that, the sooner you and I can move to another level. But we'll stay here as long as you want to. I'm in NO hurry.

So, YOU choose.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Why are we feeding Aguest? She's obviously not getting her attention fix from her own forum anymore. Why are we enabling the attention addiction?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit