"Believers" vs. Atheists- Why this formulation?

by Band on the Run 132 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

Believing that JAHESHUA is the Son of God does not make one a christian. The demons believe (James 2:19), indeed, they know he is the Son of God (Matthew 8:29; Luke 4:34, 41; Acta 16:16-18)- and with the exception of one (Ezekiel 28:13-15) ... which one turned his face AWAY so as to not stand FAST... and so in union... with the Truth (John 8:44; 14:6; 15:1-6). Yet, they are not christians.

The word "christian" means "anointed (chosen) person/one". It comes from the Latin word which comes from the Greek word kristos... which means "anointed". That word, kristos, comes from the root word chrio... which means "receive" (Greek, chraomai)... and does so with regard to those who receive, by means of an anointing with... holy spirit - the "oil of exulation" - are "chosen."

The WORLD has changed the meaning of the word "christian" to denote a "follower of Christ." That is the WORLD's definition, however, and not God or Christ's... and it is inaccurate and an error. It misleads so as to compel people to STOP their search, STOP seeking, STOP asking, and STOP knocking... because they believe they have found what they were looking for/received what they wished for/are what they think they are. THINK they are "rich" and have received riches and so do not need anything at all. But that is NOT the case. (Revelation 3:17, 18) And one may rightly be "Israel"... even the seed of Abraham... but that, too, does not make one a christian.

At the time many started following Christ they were NOT chosen (sealed with an anointing)... because the promised holy spirit had not be poured out yet. Many of these followers, however, LEFT OFF from following him even before such spirit was made available. They were, for a time, followers of Christ... but they were NOT, ever, christians. Even after that spirit was made available, some who followed him... did not RECEIVE it. Those who follow Christ... by means of following his TEACHINGS (and NOT by means of following HIM, literally)... are his STUDENTS, his PUPILS... and thus, his disciples.

The Greek word for "disciple" mathetes, means "learner/pupil." It comes from the root word manthano, which means "to learn/acquire knowledge from". In that light, all christians are disciples of Christ; however, not all disciples of Christ are christians.

The early believers who HAD received holy spirit began to be called "christians" because they followed Christ (the "Way" - John 14:6), but because they were the chosen people who "followed the Way". And people could TELL who they were, NOT simply because they followed Christ's teachings (as the world erroneously teaches)... but because they manifested the GIFTS of their spirit that they had received and been anointed with (Acts 2:2, 4, 6, 8, 14, 17, 33; 3:1-8; 1 Corinthians 7:7; 12:1, 4-11; 13:2; 14:12; indeed, read Chapters 12-14, where Paul writes at length about the gifts) ALONG with following Christ's teachings. NOT the teachings they read in the Bible, but that which they receive directly from him. (Hebrews 12:25; 1 John 2:26, 27). These are the GOOD gifts and perfect presents... from God (James 1:17)

Many have heard the WTBTS' most erroneous interpretation of Ephesians 4:8, which states:

"Wherefore he says: 'When he ascended on high he carries away captives; he gave gifts [in] men."

The WTBTS changed the meaning of this verse to state that those "gifts" are the men themselves. The footnote of the NWT Reference Bible states:

"8 # Or, 'consisting in men.'" And so they use this to teach that it is elders, COs, etc., that God provided as "gifts" to the sheep. This is a LIE. The literal translation of the verse (which is also stated in that footnote) is "to the men." Hence, God gave gifts TO mankind! And it is those gifts that manifest when one has received the promised holy spirit. Because truly, what would be the POINT in giving such... if no one could KNOW of it? The purpose of the gifts were and are "for building up the congregation." Why? Because of Israel's LACK OF FAITH. They are a people who walk by SIGHT... not by FAITH. And so the gifts... and their various manifestations... are for UNBELIEVERS (1 Corinthians 14:22)... to help them perhaps become believers... so that perhaps they WILL seek Christ... and find him. Be found BY him. Those who believe, however, do not need the manifestation of others' gifts to believe. Their own faith does that.

I realize that this might be difficult for some to receive. I cannot help that - it is the TRUTH. Rather than take issue with me for SHARING the truth about these things, wouldn't the more prudent thing be to check them out for yourselves? Indeed, ASK as to these things... so as to have an ACCURATE knowledge and understanding of them... for yourselves?

You do NOT have to take my word for the truth of these things. I have shared with you many... many... many times how to know the truth for yourselves. You should also not take ANY man's word for it, either. Do not blindly accept what ANY earthling man tells you as to these things. Do NOT put your trust in earthling man... or in nobled. We die just as you can/will. We cannot save anyone, including ourselves! Go to the One about whom these things speak... the One whom you claim to FOLLOW... and ask HIM.

But... you must believe that he is ALIVE... and SPEAKS... to do that. Right? Else, what is the point?

You might SAY you believe the Holy One of Israel died and was resurrected... and so lives. But do you TRULY believe that, that he LIVES? If you DO... what would you say prevents him from SPEAKING? Indeed, many... most... believe demons speak! Why not the Son of God, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit? Was not ALL authority given to that One? How then can demons speak... and to earthling man... but not him???

He can... and does. Nothing prevents him from speaking. He speaks. If you cannot hear him, however, don't start with blaming him, God, or others. Start with your own ears. Examine THEM.

Again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Absolutely fascinating Shelby, thank you for this. Surprised at so few responses actually.

Loz x

• tec
    tec

I didn't use to think that Christ was alive. I mean, intellecutally, I knew the drill. He's alive. But it meant nothing more to me than some far away idea. Then someone said it so simply in a post, that He is alive and here now... and it just stopped me in my tracks. Of course!

He is not an idea. He IS alive and here and listening and speaking and working. Truly alive.

Peace,

tammy

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I think that was me Tec? Yes, he is. Profound when we think about that isnt it?

Loz x

• tec
    tec

Yes, it is profound, Loz.

And such a simple truth, that we all (who believe) 'know'... and yet, I did not KNOW it... not really. Sometimes the simple things bear repeating. At least for me, lol. Same with when I first joined this forum, and I would wonder about the truth of something. Chalam and i used to exchange pm's... and he would remind me to or ask me if I had asked/prayed about it. I would have that 'doh' moment. Because it never even occurred to me to ask Christ to help me out with that. Took me so long just to 'get' that. "Stop relying on your own reasoning, waiting for someone else to give you the answer tammy... and just ask for yourself, at the source: Christ."

Peace,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Surprised at so few responses actually.

No need to be, dear Loz (peace both you and dear tec!). I was sharing the truth when I reiterated that many are called... but few... are chosen. Who are these, the few? For the most part, they are those who our dear Lord said would be "happy", when speaking to Thomas:

"Because you SEE you believe? Happy are those who do NOT see... and yet... believe!"

See what? See him, physically manifested. To these he does... and will... show himself. Plainly. But, as he said... not to the world.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of our Heavenly Father, the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob... and the love and peace to His Son and Christ, our dear, dear Lord, Master and King, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit... JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... be upon you both, and your dear entire households... to time indefinite!

Again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and fellow slave of Christ... always,

SA

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

He is absolutely alive and here with us now, rejoicing when we rejoice, weeping when we weep, suffering with those who suffer.

?this is something I somehow knew as a small child and I never lost. He comforted me then when things in my, say, five-year-old mind were hard...and I say five because I am thinking of one time when I was so aware of him, and I was five and had just started school...that may sound very trite but actually it was a reality that I just knew.

The big puzzle to me is just how I got caught up with those awful JW's; well, I do know, and it wasn't promises of life with pandas! LOL!

Anyway, yes, he is alive and with us. Reach out, and he is there, so much more than an idea, yes, Tec, though an idea too. Wonderful, when you think of it, the Word of God, alive and active in that sense, through whom all things were created, Love in action, and alive and here now.

How cool is that?

• AGuest
    AGuest

It's VERY cool, dear Char (peace to you!). I am going to take your other comments to another thread, though, so that we don't further get off-topic here. My apologies to the OP - I deviated because of the comments associating my name. I will move further discussion to another thread.

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Good point Shelby, sorry BOTR for derailing your thread. Please come and join in if you want to.

Loz x

• AGuest
    AGuest

Okay, dear ones, moved the discussion here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/242845/1/Young-Followers-of-Christ

Again peace to you... and any apologies due to the OP.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit