I totally understand why Michael Jackson took propofol

by Hortensia 39 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

I had my stomach scoped some time ago they stuck a tube down my mouth and put me out with propofil. One second the nurse was adjusting something around my neck the next minute they were done. I said to the doc "wow that didn't take long"...actually it took about 30 minutes...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Same here. One minute, i felt the cold stuff from the iv coming up my arm. Next thing i knew, i was in the recovery room.

S

• SophieG
    SophieG

I can totally relate to this topic.

Working in the airline industry and having to work long days with short layovers/early wake -ups I can tell you Ambien/Lunesta is the choice for many crews. it's like popoping candy!

Unfortunately Ambien/Lunesta did nothing for me, it was a total joke.

Like MJ I think some of us have over active brains and cannot shut off at nite despite how exhausted we are. There is nothing worse than being awake telling yourself to STOP THINKING...it's insane.

I take Seroquel. Originally prescribed for schizophernic patients to CALM down their brains, on regular folk it shuts you down. The first time I took 25mg I stumbled out of bed, went to the restroom, fell asleep on the throne, woke up, could not make it back to bed, and laid down in the hallway where I woke up a couple hours later. It was that strong.

I only take it (50mg) during the week and I try to sleep without it on the weekends...because I am naturally a night owl and will doze off on my own in the wee hours of the morning. But because my weekly schedule forces me out of the natural night owl routine, if I don't take it I will not sleep which leads to a miserable day and I work 10 hours. When I am on vacation I do not take it to give my body a break.

I absoloutely HATE having to be dependent on it, but what to do?

I totally felt MJ's dilemna. When you have a creative brain that is always engaged not being able to sleep makes you literally feel like youre going NUTS!!!

I think Propofol would be a trip to experience, but do you wake up feeling like you rested?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I woke up feeling rested after propofol. Good stuff.

It has been a lifetime struggle for me. I'm a natural night owl, but retirement has made it ridiculously worse.

• SophieG
    SophieG

Hortensia:I woke up feeling rested after propofol. Good stuff.
    It has been a lifetime struggle for me. I'm a natural night owl, but retirement has made it ridiculously worse.

Wow! What IS propofol? (Heads to Wikipedia)...

I wonder too is it true the older you get the less you sleep...?

• dinah
    dinah

Smoke weed. You can sleep, or think.............

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My husband had propoful when he dislocated his shoulder. As he was going under, he said "I want you all to know if things go ti*s up, don't try to keep me alive. Because I don't like vegetables and I don't want to zzzzzzzz. The doctors were all trying not to laugh. When he woke up he didn't realize everything was over and couldn't figure oh how he got the sling.

• jam
    jam

The wife, as soon as her head hit the pillow she is out.

It,s the most amazing thing I have ever seen, within minutes

she is sound to sleep and snoring. Me I could really use something

to help me sleep, when I do fall asleep 4-5 hrs.

She told me I think too much, that,s why I have a difficult time falling

asleep. How in the hell do you stop thinking.

• jam
    jam

I just remerber, when I was a JW no problems sleeping.LOL

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, tomorrow no trouble sleeping. Turkey day! That always makes everyone sleepy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit