I totally understand why Michael Jackson took propofol

by Hortensia 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I've had it a couple of times in the hospital. It's amazing stuff, one second you're awake, the next second you're asleep. They turn it off, and you immediately wake up. Not groggy, just wide awake.

If you lie awake for hours and hours every night, and you have Michael Jackson's money, you'd definitely try it. Fortunately for me, I don't have access, and I understand how dangerous the stuff is unless you are medically supervised, better than MJ was. I'm not crazy.

But it surely would be nice to be able to just go to sleep, dammit.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Michael Jackson was a junkie. His body couldn't go into REM sleep unless it was artificially induced. Much like an alcoholic has to drink a 5th of whatever to finally pass out. He didn't need Milk of amnesia. He needed to get clean. There wasn't a single relative that would help him get there. There were too busy rummaging through his house looking for cash.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

It is the best sleep I have ever had. It's such a deep sleep. YOu don't even know if you've slept 15 minutes or an hour, but you feel so refreshed. But even under the best supervision it is dangerous.

The problem WAS that MJ had so much money that he could buy a Doctor that was willing to use propofol on him as a sleep agent.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Just like many other prescription drugs, after a long period of practical use their effectiveness diminishes, making for

more of the drug to actively do what its suppose to do.

Thats why after all the drugs taken orally (tablets) given to him prior to the injection of Propofol didn't accomplish much.

The end result was MJ pushing hard for Propofol.

It was the accumulation of all the drugs given to him that evening including Propolfol that made his heart stop.

A bad decision by the Doctor as it was revealed in court.

Being that the Doctor was being paid $150,000 a month to look after MJ, I guess he didn't want ruin things by rocking the boat.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

it's amazing how much a body will build up in terms of resistence to drugs. I remember towards the end of my Father's life, we had to keep cranking up the morphine to ungodly levels to keep him comfortable.

I kept waking up on propofol during surgery.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I'd love to get my hands on that stuff.

• moshe
    moshe

I have sparingly used Ambien 3x this year to help switch from dayshift to nightshift and then back again- only 1/2 of a tablet and then for only three or 4 days. Sleep inducing drugs are very habit forming. Anyone who is taking prescribed drugs on a daily basis needs to realize the body has to metabolize them and flush the waste out of the body- the medicines that made my father and father inlaw's life more comfortable eventually destroyed their kidneys-

• Satanus
    Satanus

'the medicines that made my father and father inlaw's life more comfortable eventually destroyed their kidneys-'

Something those nicey nice tv analgesics adds and the docs that prescribe it never tell people.

S

• talesin
    talesin

A bad decision by the Doctor as it was revealed in court.

Being that the Doctor was being paid $150,000 a month to look after MJ, I guess he didn't want ruin things by rocking the boat.

He was a high-paid DRUG DEALER who had a medical degree.

Pimping illegal drugs to a pop star.

Moshe - yeah, kidneys and liver. There's a lot of drug dealers with medical licenses. They ruined my stomach years ago, back when I believed they had our best interests at heart and not their own pocketbooks.

(caveat - yes, I know and respect some very dedicated, caring doctors, but life has shown me that the majority are in it for the $$$)

t

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Satanus.What are they? It would be good to know ,you are right!....I understand MJ's thing too.And maybe.just maybe,it wasnt 100% an accident..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit