S.F. Giants vs. Detroit Tigers in World Series ! Who Do You Pick to Win ?

by flipper 49 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I don't know why? I cheer for Michigan wolverines (and Spartans when they're not playing the wolverines) and give a pity cheer for the Lions............... but vehemently hate the Tigers and the Pistons

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

World Series

That's a joke right?

what sport has a world series & it's only 1 country WTF

• Open mind
    Open mind

@ finallysomepride:

Couldn't agree more. (With one teeny correction, there is one Canadian MLB team, the Toronto Blue Jays, but your point is still a very good one.)

Even worse, IMO, is the NFL. The Super Bowl winners call themselves the "World Champions", and there isn't a SINGLE non-USA team.

OK, back to flipper's thread.

I'm with the GIANTS!!!!

I know it was a super-duper long shot that the A's made it as far as they did, but I REALLY wanted to see another Bay Bridge Series this year. (Even if it caused another earthquake.)

om

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Open mind

I forgot about Toronto LOL

Go Detroit Tigers

I just put AU$5.00 on them.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Well well wel. The gorilla has returneth. >:O

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

After that come-back, I'm betting on the Giants. You can't hold those guys down!

• flipper
    flipper

KEYSER and others - Thanks for the info on the starting pitchers ! We have some guys who start that are no slouches either. In our final 3 games against St.Louis to clinch the NLCS - we outscored St. Louis 20-1 . Zito, Vogelsong, and Matt Cain and the bullpen allowed 1 run in 27 innings pitched . I'd call that domination. I feel the Cardinals were a better team than the Detroit Tigers. We beat them 4 games to 3. I'm calling this series : Giants win 4 games to 2. Our bullpen from what I'm reading is a hell of a lot deeper than Detroits, our defense is outstanding with guys making game saving catches everywhere as opposed to Detoits lack of knowledge of the huge AT & T park which will swallow up Tigers outfielders. It's a hard field to play . Detroit has the advantage in power hitters , but there are slow guys on the Tigers who will fall all over themselves trying to field our line drive hitters balls. O.K. ! Gotta go watch ! Go GIANTS ! I'll be back later ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Confession
    Confession

Tigers to win! (Former Detroit boy here...)

• flipper
    flipper

Well, well. I guess we have a big guy or two who can bash as well ! Go Panda ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit