S.F. Giants vs. Detroit Tigers in World Series ! Who Do You Pick to Win ?

by flipper 49 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- Indeed, it was really rare, crazy weather out here in No-Cal last night with a swath of tornados blowing through the foothills about 20 miles south of where we live ! Crazy thunderstorms, lightning, wind, rain - the whole nine yards ! At least 4 to 5 tornados touched down north and east of Sacramento and pictures were taken of a couple of them. I expected to see Dorothy from Wizard of Oz flying right by ! Jeez.

I know if the Cubs ever make the World Series again you'd naturally pull for them, but thanks for rooting for the Giants ! Should be a great series !

EMMA- Good luck to your home team ! I'll be civil right now before the World Series, but once it starts- it's game on baby ! LOL !

THEOCRATIC SEDITION- It may be very close like a 4-3 finish as you say. I think I'm picking the Giants in 6 games - 4 games to 2.

KEYSER SOZE- So tell me about the Tigers other starting pitchers outside of Verlander . I know he's awesome like a witch - second coming of Sandy Koufax , but what about the Tigers other starters ? How are their ERA'S ? Etc ? I'm glad the Cardinals aren't in it again either ! I've heard the Tigers bullpen isn't very good, is that true like you say ? They've got a couple guys who can hit it a ton like Cabrera and Fielder but how are their other hitters ?

ISAAC AUSTIN- You betcha ! S.F. all the way !

LISA ROSE- Right on ! Go Giants !

DA CHEECH- Well, the Giants came close in 2002 when Barry was there and they SHOULD have won that series against the Anaheim Angels, but Ortiz was taken out of game 6 with a 5-0 lead unexplainably. Made no sense. Then the bullpen gave up the lead and the series was lost. Giants are makin' up for lost time now with the 2010 championship under their belt though ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm a rebel, and don't follow the crowd!

I will plause Barry and Clemens for their repudiating congress on scapegoating (spending taxpayer $$$$) a few for the big steroid problem.

I'd be his fan, btw loved the DeNiro movie

• flipper
    flipper

DA CHEECH- I'm a rebel as well, don't follow the crowd. I agree that Barry and Roger Clemens were made scapegoats over the steroid issue. I mean, for christ's sakes- hundreds of ballplayers were found to have abused steroids. If major League Baseball was really serious about cleaning out steroids they would have prosecuted the hundreds of players. It's ridiculous they made poster boys of Bonds and Clemens. The baseball owners AND comminisioner knew for YEARS that guys were roiding up- but did NOTHING because it stuffed their pockets with $$$$$ at the ballparks . Very hypocritical of baseball owners and the commissioner. And doesn't our federal government have better things to do than chase around a several baseball players roiding up ? Crazy.

Yeah, I liked the movie " The Fan " with Deniro in it too. That was truly a cool move, pretty creepy

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    THEOCRATIC SEDITION- It may be very close like a 4-3 finish as you say. I think I'm picking the Giants in 6 games - 4 games to 2.

I almost typed 4-2, but the way the Tigers went through the Yanks, I'm thinking it's going to be closer. They're hot right now.

• flipper
    flipper

THEOCRATIC SEDITION- You might be right. It might be a 4 games to 3 finish. With either team possibly winning it. Both teams are really playing excellent baseball right now . One thing I wonder about is if the 5 or 6 day layoff will hurt the Detroit team and make them start the series a little rusty though ? I guess we'll find out tomorrow ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• scary21
    scary21

GO TIGERS

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

EAT EM UP TIGERS EAT EM UP!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I am rooting for MoTown!

I am not super baseball smart...so question: Can Detroit adjust their starting Pitching rotation anyway they want now?? since they have all had plenty of rest.

• Woody22
    Woody22

Detroit Tigers

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    So tell me about the Tigers other starting pitchers outside of Verlander

Fister, Sanchez and Scherzer have all been lights out in the playoffs. Their combined ERA, along with Verlander, is 1.02. It was under 1 for the Yankees series. Not too shabby.

I've heard the Tigers bullpen isn't very good, is that true like you say ?

Especially their late inning guys. Their regular closer, Valverde, has struggled to say the least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit