Christ's 'silence' on slavery.

by tec 149 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

You're certainly singing a different tune than before.......When it was one of your own being banned, you said it was everyone else's fault.

I said that person's behavior was provoked by some others. Not always, and not an excuse, but still true.

However, I also stated that the actual banning was due to what that person did, themselves. For breaking guidelines as stated below.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

When it was one of your own being banned, you said it was everyone else's fault You had 101 excuses for why her banning was not her fault.

Funny how that works, eh, Palm?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I can't read your response due to pop-up ads.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're saying anyways.

And I disagree.

Saying "The person deliberately tried to be so offensive that they were banned" is just as offensive and just as excusing of their behaviour.

Eveyone is free to post. Or NOT POST.

As I said, you are singing a totally different tune now that it's not one of your own. Obvious. You can't re-write history on this one.

• tec
    tec

I can't read your response due to pop-up ads. PT

I said that person's behavior was provoked by some others. Not always, and not an excuse, but still true. tec
    However, I also stated that the actual banning was due to what that person did, themselves. For breaking guidelines as stated below. tec

As I said, you are singing a totally different tune now that it's not one of your own. PT

LOL...for the record... so are you ;)

You can't re-write history on this one

Not trying to. If you recall, i acknowledged and apologized for mishandling that 'history'.

peace,

tammy

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    LOL...for the record... so are you ;)

Nope.

Nice try. But I have only ever asked MODS to look into one poster.....your friend. And they were banned by MODS. You can continue to blame everyone else, all you want. You can continue to say they were "provoked", which is still blaming everyone else.

But in reality, they were banned for what they themselves did.

And YOU backed them every step of the way. Because Jesus told you to.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The use of Christ v the flawed bibe is a simple mental trick to keep the charade of belief going. Modern sensibilities are opposed to slavery and xians like tec are influenced by the prevailing opinion. Unfortunately the bible cannot be updated and is stuck as a product of a different age, an age where incredible detail over priests clothing, exact foods to be eaten and rules for social conduct were meticulously laid out. That most of the inviolate 'laws' of that book are ignored by xians and are instead replaced by new ones plucked from the air is telling. Christ , being utterly undefined by the bible (don't agree with his portrayal in a story - ignore story as flawed) becomes the perfect foible for the continued recreatio of God in man's image. Listening to xians claiming Christ is this or that and then rehearsing their own moral opinion but then applying mendacious humility ( I learnt this through Christ) is amazing to see. The obvious link between their own imagination and this iconic super hero is audacious yet tragic.

The bible is not opposed to slavery nor are any of its principle characters , though a good case could be made for Lucifer/Promethius.

Christ , being a 100%, mental construct can stand for whatever the devotee wants, he can support any nuance of any word and can supply invisible authority to those whose arguments cannot stand alone. Christ has supported crusades, the subjugation of women, torture, eternal punishment, war, peace, gays, homophobia, free love, sexual purity, environmentalism and Republicanism. Christ is everyman and is the best invisible friend since he always agrees with you, you have the authentic Christ even though billions of others have tried , and failed, to get the exact message that was saved for you, you dear xian are the chosen one.

I am appalled how this poorly constructed, ephemoral meme of Christ robs people of authentic moral courage. We are far better , mankind is far more magnificenct than any fig hating pig murdering slave condoning patriarchal character in a book of immoral fables.

• tec
    tec

More distortions, Palm. I am not going to continue this with you on this thread either. Say whatever else you want. I won't respond.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The essense of faith....

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

....and then they don't!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Christ is every man and is the best invisible friend since he always agrees with you,

Yup.

I see that more and more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit