Christ's 'silence' on slavery.

by tec 149 Replies latest jw friends

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

so would it be fair to say that your opinions are Christ's? Would it therefore be fair to say that your opinions, as Christ's are therefore superior whenever you come across a competing opinion regardless of whether it is from a believer or not?

• tec
    tec

so would it be fair to say that your opinions are Christ's?

No.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Would you be prepared to give an example of an opinion you have tbat you have not learnt from Christ but that is your own and that Christ disagrees with? Is your opinion on Christs opinion on slavery yours or his?

• tec
    tec

Would you be prepared to give an example of an opinion you have tbat you have not learnt from Christ but that is your own and that Christ disagrees with?

If I knew that Christ disagreed with something, then I would seek to understand and learn the reasons why, rather than continue to assert my own opinion over his.

Is your opinion on Christs opinion on slavery yours or his?

It is what i understand from His teachings and deeds, and it is what I understand from love as well. So I guess that would make it mine, based on things that He has taught.

Peace,

tammy

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Are you aware of any opinions you hold that Christ disagrees with?If you say no , and you will, please refer to my inital question and repeat until you concur that you and your Christ do indeed share the same opinions.

• tec
    tec

Opinion:

belief
    or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

I can hold an opinion, Q. I can be wrong. Christ is the Truth. He does not need opinions, as stated above. He knows.

So for the second time, if I knew of any opinions of mine that he disagreed with, I would learn from Him to understand and change them. I would be silent on such an issue until I did understand.

Peace,

tammy

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

ah your ingenious defence is that Christ does not have opinions therefpre as long as he is your source of info you can have any opinion and not be in disagreement with him. Well played. Do you have any biblical evidence that Christ is sans opinion or is that a circular logic opinion you have that may or may not be agreed with by your Christ?

To cut to the chase I think you are incapable of enunciating an opinion of your own that you do not simultaneously think your Christ holds. Your entire worldview revolves around subservience to the idea. if you could give an opinion you hold that you know Christ disagrees with you would alter your opinion. You are therefore incapable of mentally having am opinion opposite to your internal perception of Christ. In effect you must , by logical definition, think that when you share your opinion that until checked Christ agrees with you.

The scriptures you would write ( and as someone learning from Christ directly as your sole truth you are in fact writing scripture here in this very forum ) would reflect the morality you have. You and your Christ are one.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh really, care to back that statement up Palm?

Ang, I talked to Palm, she if, of course, enthusiastic about her opinion, perhaps overly so. Maybe we could give people a chance a a stern warning about specific bahaviors and the chance for their peers to ask them to calm down (as I did with Palm) before the bannings begin again?

I don't really know how you and Simon choose to do that as I am not part of that group, I just want to make sure that we don't get reactionary and start banning people prematurely. I am not trying to correct you in any way, we we are all human, every single one of us, and we all need to calm the F down, listen to others and hold off a bit on action every now and then.

That's all.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Qcmbr, well thought out.

On a totally unrelated side note, I love in-flight wireless and free drinks in first class.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Yes, hypocrisy and double standards are my "hot button".

I apologise, I went too far.

Thanks, EP.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit