The poor and deprived life of JW children.

by Esse quam videri 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

i didn't have a pony.....shadow

Of Course You Did..You Just Don`t Remember..

.http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/148207/horse-kick-o.gif

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I was five years old when I celebrated my last holidays. I was a child who was told in advance that this was our last year. I still remember looking at my Pac Man mask knowing it was the last night I would do Halloween. As a child I was sad, but not too depressed about it.

What was depressing is how I was treated at school. I was the child that never said the pledge allegiance. This angered several teachers. They took their anger out on me by inciting my classmates against me. I was the child who would go to the library while the class celebrated birthdays, and other holidays. I went to a very small school system. My graduating class was 43 and most of them I knew since kindergarten. I never formed one friendship with any of them. I wasn't allowed. I was very lonely, but I was lucky that my peers weren't hateful. I just didn't exist to them. I never attended Prom or any social event, except Jdub weddings and funerals.

I began giving talks like the OP, I was around 8 years old. I did all my parents asked, which was hard since my father wasn't a JW, but he enforced their rules. I never played in band or anything for that matter. I so much wanted to do field and track. I was not good at sports except long distance running. I had good endurance and loved to run. I was never allowed. My story is actually better than others in my former hall. I know many that never were allowed to go to school. I can't think of a single one that went to college, and barely any of them make a decent living. I have them on facebook, and they lament about their current life.

I'm 38 years old now, and have a 18 month old daughter. As messed up as it may be, I plan on living through her things I never was allowed to do. I had so much fun watching her open xmas gifts.

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED
    adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge Your story is so sad. When you say you had a "good endurance and loved to run". It would have been nice just to run far away from all of that. I really admire and give you a medal for what you're doing for your child.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Ak, I feel the same way. It's frustrating when your children DONT dive in to school and want to do all the activities, even when they have the freedom!! At least I've got one who is getting older who loves to act in plays, sing in choirs etc! Finally I will get to live high school vicariously :).
  • Pwyrdan
    Pwyrdan
    I sometimes felt special and better than others for knowing not to celebrate, but sometimes I just soaked up the wonder of the holidays. Like the Christmas tree at the library. I stared at it for a long time. I loved the lights on the houses. I didn't tell anyone, of course. And I was completely torn up when my family had a turkey dinner with the grandparents on or about Thanksgiving, or when we ate "Halloween" candy on Halloween. I thought we were all in danger. It was just so unnecessary - all that fear and weirdness. I love that my kids just enjoy whatever our community is enjoying. I've told my son about some of the origins of holidays and traditions. It just doesn't matter, it's history, a curiosity. The present, our time together and enjoying life and love - that's important. So much of life sucks and can make you want to give up. Why add to the negativity? Especially for kids. My son is already a worrier. He'd have full blown anxiety if we were Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit