Are The Governing Body Being Set Up To Take A Fall?

by DT 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ziddina - "Personally, I chalk it up to human stupidity and arrogance."

There's a fine line between malice and incompetance.

Authoritarian regimes have a habit of blurring that line. Often with minimal effort.

• tec
    tec

Interesting theory...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I agree, they are arrogant and presumptuous, I don't see how this will change anything legally. The Governing Body is already viewed as the authority figure, the Faithful and Discreet Slave is now considered to be a theological arrangement, there are no members of the F&DS.

It will be interesting to see the Watchtower articles that explain the relationship in all of this GB/F&DS mumbo jumbo.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

It was argued that the FDS was just a theological arrangement. It was a silly argument but at least it served to isolate individuals from legal liability.

Yeah, I'm not seeing this change as being all that significant. It still IS a theological arrangement, not a legal one.

All you have is a bunch of rotating cast of fogies who've made it to the top of the food chain who claim to communicate with God telling a larger group of old fogies scattered around the Earth (who delusionally believe they're going to heaven) that they don't communicate with God: no change, since no one's talking to God, and no ones going to heaven.

So where's the beef, again? How is this Earth-shattering, again?

Are the Governing Body being set up to take a fall?

I SURE AS HELL HOPE NOT!!!! THE WTBTS CORPORATIONS ARE TOO CHEAP TO BUY THEM LIFE-ALERT, SO IF THEY FALL, THERE WILL BE NO ONE TO HELP THEM GET UP!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

templeelijah said:

Why? JWs are the Fuse

Could you pick a worse fuse than a bunch of dull, poor, narrow-minded people?

• Elephant
    Elephant

templeelijah said:

Why? JWs are the Fuse

Could you pick a worse fuse than a bunch of dull, poor, narrow-minded people?

...solomon...i find it almost comical to see how two minds (yours and mine) at entirely different ends of the 'spectrum' can amiably chuckle at such dramatics...

• mind blown
    mind blown

In all seriousness, the GB needs to be tested for Alzheimer's/Dementia (memory, paranoia, reasoning, agitation, delusional). TRUE. It's maddness not to question the mental capacity of these men running millions of peoples lives. Granted many seniors are vibrant clear thinkers, but there are many more who admit mental slow down and issues that come with aging....

I think at first the GB honestly and arrogantly believed their own hype, and if they had it their own way they'd continue with the same ol same ol due to their slow down in age as well as stubbon creatures of habit, along with victorian thinking.......just as Ray Franz noted they sit on their hands when doctrine issues were brought up.....

As you pointed out pressure from Bethel, as well as letters from thousand who are now questioning. I personally think legally, either way (FDS or not), they are responsible. I don't think this change makes them more or less so.

• sir82
    sir82

Sounds interesting, but Occam's Razor says they're just clueless idiots.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Interesting idea but the WTBTS is very calculated, I am sure there is a specific reason why this was done. I think the October 1 BOE is also a calculated response to the conti case. More will be revealed with time I am sure. These people do nothing without legal consultation. I tend to agree with Rubadub, it seems that they are moving the doctrinal responsibility back to the GB/FDS to isolate the corporation i.e. $$$$ from the policy makers. I have never heard of anyone suing the College of Cardinals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit