Most interesting chat with an annointed JW today

by A.M. Number 1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

She should be reading the "food" from the slave more.

*** w09 6/15 pp. 23-24 pars. 15-16 The Faithful Steward and Its Governing Body ***

However, Christians who have truly received this anointing do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special insights beyond what even some experienced members of the “great crowd” may have. (Rev. 7:9) They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the “other sheep” have. (John 10:16) They do not expect special treatment; nor do they claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation.

16 Are all these anointed ones throughout the earth part of a global network that is somehow involved in revealing new spiritual truths? No. Although as a composite body the slave class is responsible for feeding the spiritual household, not all individuals of the slave class have the same responsibilities or work assignments. (Read 1 Corinthians 12:14-18.) As noted earlier, in the first century, all were involved in the vital preaching work. But only a very limited number were used to write the books of the Bible and oversee the Christian congregation.

17 To illustrate: The Scriptures at times speak of “the congregation” as taking certain action in handling judicial matters. (Matt. 18:17) In real terms, though, it is only the elders who take this action in their capacity as representatives of the congregation. The elders do not contact all members of the congregation to ask their various opinions before they make a decision. Theocratically, they perform the role that they have been assigned; they act on behalf of the whole congregation.

18 Similarly, today a limited number of anointed men have the responsibility of representing the slave class. They make up the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses. These spirit-anointed men oversee the Kingdom work and the spiritual feeding program. As in the first century, though, the Governing Body does not consult with each individual member of the slave class before making decisions. (Read Acts 16:4, 5.) However, all anointed Witnesses are deeply involved in the vital harvest work that is now taking place. As a class, “the faithful and discreet slave” is one body, but as individuals, they have various work assignments.—1 Cor. 12:19-26.

*** w91 3/15 p. 22 Who Really Have a Heavenly Calling? ***

Professing to have a heavenly calling does not bring a person special revelations. God has a channel of communication through which he provides spiritual food for his earthly organization. (Matthew 24:45-47) So nobody should think that being an anointed Christian gives him wisdom superior to that of the “great crowd” with the earthly hope. (Revelation 7:9) Spirit anointing is not indicated by proficiency in witnessing, answering Scriptural questions, or giving Bible talks, for Christians with the earthly hope also do very well in these respects. Like anointed ones, they too are living exemplary Christian lives. For that matter, Samson and others of pre-Christian times had God’s spirit and were filled with zeal and understanding. Yet, none of that ‘great cloud of witnesses’ had the heavenly hope.—Hebrews 11:32-38; 12:1; Exodus 35:30, 31; Judges 14:6, 19; 15:14; 1 Samuel 16:13; Ezekiel 2:2.

*** w73 12/1 p. 731 Jehovah Brings ‘Sealing’ of His Chosen Ones to a Close ***

First, you should examine your view of what it means to be sealed for the heavenly inheritance. Do you view being one of God’s anointed spiritual Israelites as giving special status in the Christian congregation, entitling you to greater respect than would be the case if you were one of the “great crowd” of those awaiting an earthly inheritance? Do you feel it will give you deeper knowledge? Do you believe you will receive special revelations or understanding of prophecies, and so forth? You may feel a keen desire to enjoy such things. Perhaps you are successful in placing Bible literature, in conducting Bible studies, in answering Bible questions, in giving Bible talks. You may be full of zeal, making rapid progress, living an exemplary theocratic life. Perhaps all of this is so. Yet these would not be the things on which one should build the idea that one is qualified for the heavenly Kingdom assignment. Why not? Because both anointed spiritual Israelites and “other sheep” have God’s favor, and both must live lives in harmony with God’s will.

Samson and many other persons in pre-Pentecostal days were filled with zeal and understanding. God’s spirit was upon them and, as a result, they were able to accomplish many supernatural feats. Yet none of such “so great a cloud” of faithful ones were of the heavenly class.—Judg. 14:6, 19; 15:14; compare Exodus 35:30, 31; 1 Samuel 10:6; 16:13; Ezekiel 2:2; Hebrews 11:32-38; 12:1.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome AM#1!

She reminds me of a "nibbler and sipper" I knew some years ago. She also thought she was a divinely inspired musician and composer, but couldn't understand why WTBTS wasn't eager to get her "songs".

She also believed enemas had some kind of superpowers. Ew.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

we had one ..back in the 80's.. He lived right by me but went to the more uppity cong that shared our hall.. the bro studied me would say, "She's Anointed"

and she doesn't even go out in service much or coment ... but she knows!!!!

I was suspcious she like adoration.. She didn't do much... It was considered a privy just to talk to her.. I never did .. and we lived on the same street.. 3 blocks apart..

never bought it ... she was a faker fo sho

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to JWN. Thanks for posting.

Will you be telling your story soon? We would like to read it.

• blondie
    blondie

Not every anointed jw was or is a nutcase. The disadvantage we have is not knowing anointed jws pre-1935 when many were not in their 70's and 80's. Originally that was the hope to go to heaven. The WTS started out looking only for the remaining anointed so the end could come in 1914. You don't have to be a jw, anointed or not, to have wild ideas about the future and heaven.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I think she needs her meds adjusted...

• b00mslang
    b00mslang

Perhaps she had a bit too much lysergic acid diethylamide in the 60s?

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

When I was still in I questioned an old annointed lady how she knew she was part of 144k, she told me a story about buying a pair of shoes to work in FS with 50% off.

She take the discount as a sign of favour from Jehovah.

When I heard about F. Franz and his talking shoes I reminded of her. LOL

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

God magically takes thoughts from her head and puts them in the Watchtower magazine.....A.M. Number 1

......................................................................Who Writes This Crap?!..LOL!!..

...........................................................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have met several anointed throughout the years. My father made it a point to introduce some old-timers to the family. These were friends of his father, who also claimed of the anointed. In each case I found the individuals to be sane, humble, and also assured in their place in god's arrangement. To Blondie's point these were all pre-1935 anointed.

At the time it never occurred to me that this was a giant hoax. And in fact, this component of my life experience was the hardest to reconcile with what I learned about TTATT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit