Most interesting chat with an annointed JW today

by A.M. Number 1 29 Replies latest jw friends

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

We sat in a Mc Donalds talking for the last 2 hours. She made some very interesting claims like:

God magically takes thoughts from her head and puts them in the Watchtower magazine

She described her day of being annointed in almost the exact language I use when I tell of my experience getting saved. She says she experienced death, she actually thought she was dying just as she was about to get baptised at a convention.

She said annointed ones don't like to talk about these experiences for some reason. she spoke of seeing a great light and feeling her forehead on fire as God "sealed" or "branded her forehead, marked as a slave apparently.

She is still working on her salvation however by preaching.

She is 78 years young. Spoke of the Holocaust quite a bit, looks Jewish.

She also feels her thoughts going out of her head and entering into the mouths of elders and Governing Body members.

So I guess, if you have a problem with ther Watchtower, she is one to blame.

She was very frustrated with me because I asked her many questions.

She said that the New World Translation was taken directly from another Bible but wouldn't say which one. That was interesting.

She said since she can not go to New York for the annual meeting that is why God must take her thoughts and put them in the Watchtower.

She really appeared to believe her own BS. Not sure if that makes her crazy, but I think she was crazy. She was nice though, a nice old lady.

• baltar447
    baltar447

WOW

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know if she is crazy but she is delusional. Probably no more delusional than the gov. body though.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Unfortunately, a lot of the "annointed" are coo coo for cocoa puffs. The bigger issue is how many JW's buy even some of her crap?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with cofty. She may also have dementia.

JWs don't like you asking questions. That's not how cults work. You are to accept and obey without question.

They never had answers to my questions.

It was nice of you to speak to a little old lady for that long. But as Hitchens stated: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." And she had none.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

She also feels her thoughts going out of her head and entering into the mouths of elders and Governing Body members.

Yes. . . exactly. . . ooookayyy. . . Did you ask if this mainly occurs when the Thorazine starts wearing off? You didn't giver her your phone number, did you? BTW - welcome aboard!
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The New World Translation is taken from another bible, then they made a few edits and changes, changed a few words here and there and made the new world translation.

But they are from the Westscott and Hort. The JW's NEVER took the hebrew and greek languages and translated them into a bible. They took already translated work and prob grabbed a strongs dictionary and changed a few words around. And the JW old testament is based on a greek version of the old testament I believe vs the hebrew scriptures. Which would mean the JW old testament was translated from hebrew to greek to english. Doesn't make sense much does it?

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

Keep one handy. She will need it soon:

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

welcome A.M. number 1.... nice .. what does your handle mean

• Fernando
    Fernando

Maybe she was called, but not chosen, as she is still addicted to "leaven" (religion or koolaid)?

(Luke 12:1) . . .“Watch out for the leaven of [the ruling religious clergy class,] the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy.

www.godhatesreligion.org.au

"All religion is a snare and a racket" (the Watchtower organisation until 1950).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit