2012 Annual Meeting

by obarac 196 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ahem...make that 22 years. Having a bad math day.

Anyhow, 22 years to 2034 is a long way off, gonna be hard to build urgency for at least the next decade.

Any other speculation? KOTN is still a mystery...

• free @ last
    free @ last

More likely they're recalling them for layoffs. Too many people on payroll.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

DD

g) Recovery, Fifth Column and Elephant to replace Governing Body as of January 1st 2013

Wtf? How could you know that?

Love H

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

It's a longshot, but maybe they will say "the work is done" Matt. 24:14 has been accomplished.

Think of how much money they will save by bringing missionaries home. Ramping down production of printed material, and liability from a pioneer pedo. The d2d work brings in very few coverts, and the flock is wearing out and dropping off.

Siam

• elderelite
    elderelite

Actually........... Calling them back to lay off is not a bad idea. Except not all misionaries are from the usa, they were trained here but a good number originated elsewhere...

As much as i hate to admit it i actually want to know now :P i susspect it will be very anti clamatic and probly about as exciting as the ten toes nonsense but im curious what the ole boys think is important enough to create a stir over...

• BluePill2
    BluePill2
    significant announcement regarding a new understanding of: BIBLE PROPHECY.

How hip and so fashionable: 2012 & significant announcement & month of October =

Happy Missionary

This is how this will go down. I once in my past life had to work "these things" (organizing trips of missionaries to international a$$-emblies).

1. This will cost a shit ton of money! Flying every missionary out of the last tiny hole is expensive.

2. Lots and lots and lots of bickering, whinery missionaries will call HQ and come up with the most hilarious explanations why they can't fly from point A (Assignment) to point B (Brooklyn). It will go like this (talking from personal job experience here!):

"Hello, this is the Service Department, Travel Arrangements, how can I help you?"

"I'm Mr. Important-Asshole-Missionary, presently serving as high council of the elite guard of the holy tabernacle microfone bearers on the 3rd Fijii Island."

"Yes. I'm all ears: "

"We got a special, shiny, ubber-important invitation to the Anal meeting with the Governing Body. (small smirk laugh) We will sit at Brother Splanes table and afterwards we will drink coffee in his room and stroke each others dicks. Back to the topic at hand.

My wife has a seldom allergy against the kind of polyester seats they use in these worldly American Airlines airplanes. We cannot, under any circumstances fly the direct route. We have instead to take a flight from our Assignment, to Argentina (in his thoughts: never been there, have to visit the place) than to my parents home and from there to Crooklyn. Can you arrange for sleeping mods in Argentina Bethel and a special black car that picks us up from the airport?"

Me: "But, but, but......that will rise the travel costs from 3000 dollars to 10.000 dollars....is there another possibility?"

Asshole-holy-missionary: "Nope, oh yes, there is. Can I please speak with Brother Splane? He was in a congregation with my wifes aunt and we meet her stepsister, who is....."

Me: "Ok, Ok, please send us your request."

This would go on and on and on. Everybody sooooo special, sooooo holy that if they could, they would request some islander to walk around and brushing the dust before they walk on a dirty worldly path.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

BluePill2-Thanks for the insight on how it really works! I thought the same thing about recalling everyone back to HQ, gotta cost a helluva lot of money.

But if the speculation above is correct, I guess a one way ticket half as much as round trip!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

For as long as I can remember, the Annual Meeting has been held on the first Saturday in October.

Rub a Dub

• Gayle
    Gayle

Gilead school is no longer for their traditional missionaries to send to new 'foreign' countries appointments but basically for their special "trouble-shooters" in existing/established congregations.

Would be cheaper to just re-appoint, or demote existing missionaries to "special pioneers" at best. Also, as these missionaries age, the WT is getting hit with their long-term health care expenses. Fact is, they are no longer worth it to the WTS.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I know one thing, I'd be VERY nervous if I was a missionary right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit