2012 Annual Meeting

by obarac 196 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the governing body stole their ideas from this board. Remarkably predictable, and yes, this is how they solve the "Annointed problem."

Expect to never see a count of "partakers" ever again.

• donuthole
    donuthole

The handwritings been on the wall for a couple of years for the redefitinion of the FDS. It's been top on my prediction list for sure.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So, in the Witness theology, who would this appy to:

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Are the anointed to lie down and take the Governing Body's direction until the second coming, when they will miraculously rise up and start running things?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

The concept of the F&DS is the very basis for the authority 1 of the leadership of the WTBTS.

So if the leadership of the WTBTS has been wrong all along about the identity of the F&DS, how do we know they're not wrong about other things, or even everything?

"all of the anointed ones living on earth at any given time constitute 'the faithful and discreet slave' that Jesus said would provide timely 'food' for his domestics."- w07 11/1 p. 30 par. 12

This is not just some minor doctrinal detail, some insignificant sidepoint. This is huge!

Seriously, this leaves them open to be questioned on everything and I mean EVERYTHING. If they don't even have this right, how can we be sure they've gotten anything right?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1 - Nevermind the irony that they use a parabolic "slave" as their proof that they deserve to act in a role that is clearly one of being a "master" over others.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Question:

If this rumor proves to be true in the next few days/weeks/months, is it safe to say that the new official JW doctrine is that Christ is only the mediator for 8 men on planet earth?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

DarioKehl, good point, the rest of us are screwed!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Dario. No, this 'new light' (yet to be confirmed) would change nothing about their new covenant teaching and those who partake of the memorial emblems. All of those would still have Jesus as their mediator (all genuine Christians are in the new covenant of course, regardless of whether their hope is to be in the new heavens or new earth). If this rumour is true, all they would be doing is saying that the faithful and discreet slave today (GB) is more or less a modern day equivalent of the so-called first century Governing Body of apostles and older men in Jerusalem, who are the ones who decided differences over doctrine and distributed letters to the congregations accordingly. That's what they are interpreting the 'faithful and discreet slave' to be.

Jesus said to Peter "Feed my little sheep...". In reality, a faithful and discreet slave is any Christian who is faithfully 'feeding' Christian truth to other Christians, the domestics in the household. In other words, a faithful and discreet is simply anyone who correctly teaches others in the congregation. You could make a much stronger scriptural argument that all the elders are the faithful and discreet slaves.

Frankly, after their latest absurd and totally unscriptural 'generation' teaching, anything goes now for the Botchtower Society as far as interpretations go. They are clearly not concerned with scriptural accuracy and correct interpretation. Any 'new light' is just sheer eisegesis, as it mostly always has been with this organisation.

• DarioKehl
    DarioKehl

Ok, thank you yadda yadda. I was about to blow a gasket!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m totally Impressed..

Donut hole predicted this 1 year ago..

............................. OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

So we can expect this in the April 2013 WT-SE....

Of course few will take real notice...

Hamsterwheels, especially with goals like my elders put fo rth this week really don't allow for discernment of anything except to crank out higher output numbers...(good think we have widespread slacking/fudging going on in my hall)

Guess I will do my CC duty and start whispering in the ladies room tomorrow.

IT WOULD BE AWFUL NICE IF *SOMEBODY* WOULD CREATE AND UPLOAD A HELPFUL CHART OF WTS CHANGES TO THE FDS, SIMILAR TO THE GEN-CHART!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit