I Want Proof Jesus Even Existed

by Farkel 199 Replies latest watchtower bible

• still thinking
    still thinking

of course he existed! He still Talks to people, for christ sake! Just ask them....Elderelite

Yes, I can verify this....although, he talks to my cat and my cat translates for me because I don't speak hebrew...LOL

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Could it still be just referring to what christians had been teaching?

Yeah... could be... it was written 86 years after Jesus supposedly died. But it's the earliest and strongest piece of evidence for Jesus' existence from outside the Bible.. Sad, really...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ

• elderelite
    elderelite

ST, i think your mocking now

• still thinking
    still thinking

The parents, even though damaged by society, still have the choice to allow their child to engage in the same behavior or not. If they disallow it, they will be breaking the tenent of freedom of religion which created their civilization....SAB

seriously? Damaged by society?

• still thinking
    still thinking

How can you say that EE....why can't you take my word for it? My feelings are hurt now........why must you persecute me!!!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Don't cry, Still. That's just how those arrogant Thor worshippers are!

• still thinking
    still thinking

It's ok NC...my cat just told me to tell EE that my god is Bigger than his god and he will smite his god...all is good with the world again...here, have a picture of wild flowers...

• elderelite
    elderelite

I blame Picard

• never a jw
    never a jw

Proof?

God never lies

The Bible is the authentic word of God

The Bible says Jesus lived here on Earth

Therefore God truthfully says Jesus existed

Therefore Jesus existed.

QED

Socrates and Spinoza together couldn't challenge the conclusion.

• sabastious
    sabastious

dear sabastious...

you said: "One thing is clear, this mysterious "man" not only split Judaism in two, but he made such a ruckus that Isalm started because of the fighting between the Christians and the Jews OVER the idea of him. They concluded that there could not be two gods, so instead of taking a side they created their own."

...that statement was completely OUT TO LUNCH

It is? I got the idea after reading the Quran:

5:51 - You who believe, do not take the Jews and Christians as allies: they are allies only to each other. Anyone who takes them as an ally becomes one of them – God does not guide such wrongdoers.

Now I don't see this verse as ANTI-Christian or Jew, I just see it as written from a superior perspective. The logical conclusion, imo, is that Islam was a natural result of the contention between the Christians and the Jews. It was high time for a new religion to sort stuff out. The verse states that if you become the ally of Christianity or Judaism you become one of them because they are preachers of monotheism which is in direct violation to Islamic Monotheism. Interesting how the Quran couples them together into a single entity. They had a unique perspective.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit