Rutherford's love letter to Hitler

by irondork 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Wanted to mention that kind of anti-semitic talk wasn't uncommon back then, not that it excuses Rutherford or anything, just saying. It does provide more evidence that he was a grade-A-asshole of epic proportions.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am not a Jewish studies scholar. Nevertheless, comparing my posts with your posts on this thead, I know incredibly more about Judaism, its rules, its norms and cultures than you do. If there is one truth in Judaism, it is that there is no consensus. You make gigantic statements without citing any sources. I don't think you realize the bias in your statements. You are not so much Antisemitic as unaware of many aspects of Judaism.

Again, what is wrong with the Talmud? Paul's letters never mention the "historical" facts recounted in four, differing gospels. So is Christianity baselss because most Christians rely on Church councils, and doctrinal formulations. What is certain is that Jesus never preached or probably imagined the basic tents of Christianity. Do we call Christianity a garbage religion because most groups follow historical tradition.

The very same point can be raised concerning Hinduism, Buddhism, or any other old religion. You are making what I consider a spurious claim -- that the Bible is somehow more true or legitimate than other sacred writings. Did God only work during the years attributed to various Bible books and then, woof, disappear, until the founding by Russell or even Rutherford.

Perhaps you should read the current discussion of whether Paul invented Christianity.

I am not refuting your particular views as much as your limited world view.

People determine the legitimacy of the sacred writings of their own culture. I cannot ordain what a Hindu views as valid. It is simply not my place. Christianity loses much focus when it strips the OT of its orignal meaning to Jews and its present meaning to Jews. A far richer and more comprehensive view can be established by combining each strand, acknowledging the legitimacy of the particular group.

JWs and others are so arrogant when they mistakenly feel they can decide what is a Jew, what is a Christian, what is correct doctrine. When Jesus physically comes again and communicates to the entire world what is correct, perhaps I will believe his legitimacy for Christians. To be honest, I am only Christian because I was born to parents raised in a Christian traditon. Somehow if I were born in China or INdia, those traditions would be legitimate to me.

Again, your central point concerning OT or the Talmud, makes no sense to me. So what? Who are you? God? YHWH God?

The mere assertion that Talmudic Jews are different from OT Jews is beside the point. If you ask me, I would say Jews are defined by who was outcast from society, unable to enter profession, cast out of countries, mocked, raped, reviled, and marched into gas chambers. From your viewpoint, as I understand it, German purity laws would confer legitimacy as to is a Jew.

I agree with secular Jews. A Jew is one wo self-identifies as a Jew. Jesus was Jewish. His mother was Jewish. His father's parentage is more complex.

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

1- I never said you need more than a car, but the car has individually each cost between 80,000 and 100,000 dollars

2-They change every two years and then given away or sold, is disgusting, while JW poor have neither bike, and they require a minimum consumption of magazines by publisher and month, all overseen by the traveling circuit vague, or manager

The first is easy to check, just ask someone Brooklyn infiltrated a car is hard to hide

The second is "vox populi"

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

Band on the Run isn't being completely honest. He claims to be some kind of expert on Judaism yet he had no idea that there are three different "Torahs".

• The Quiet One
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone

BTTT yet again

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Marked . Thank You.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit