Rutherford's love letter to Hitler

by irondork 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

"The Jews are money-lovers, granted; but they are not pig-headed wild beasts".

It's like Charles Manson, said that Boston Ripper, is bad

Rutherford, witnesses misled with Beth Sarim, mustered a huge amount of goods and a large fortune, Beth Sarim was a hoax, he knew he would not come 70 patriarchs, the Wacthower has made a huge fortune in real estate, mocking the innocence and goodness of millions

Thus, they are not the best position to talk about money lovers

Beth Sarim

Governing body members, own vehicles, high value, more than $ 80,000 each, that Bethelites cleaned, then they talk about, "the showy display of one's livelihood"

According to Bethelites who served at Bethel.. Brown también ha sido dado Lexus

there are regal Buick LaCrosses for Governing Body members.....

This string notes 20-30 cars are kept in the parking area out-of-sight for the Governing Body and other Bethel heavies. Besides being washed by Bethelites, there's no doubt insurance, gas, repairs taken care of by regular JWs donating to the Watchtower Worldwide Fund. How nice for the Watchtower bigshots, eh. I wonder if each Mrs. Governing Body member also gets a car? If not, at least she gets free maid service for making of the bed, free meals, free-well-you-name-it Yes, how nice of JWs to pay for the grand life-style of all these modern Worthies like King David come back from of old!

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

They can select a convention to go to and speak Two days later they can be in Australia.... Where do you think the money comes from? at So one day they can be in Tokyo..... go to a convention then after it's over enjoy visiting a lovely beach Going to London is commonplace.

Governing Body members get some six weeks a year of vacation time and they can combine the vacation time with speaking at conventions etc all over the United Sates, Canada or by zone visits to points all over the earth. They regularly vacation at places average people can only dream about. Commonly they address audiences of five to thirty thousand persons, and they are the guests of honor with the best of food and lodging among other idolizing JWs. (Source: Former Governing Body member Raymond Franz on pages 276-277 of his Crisis Of Conscience paperback, fourth edition, revised and updated. Published by Commentary press of Atlanta in 2007.)

Governing Body are lovers of money, granted, pig-headed and wild beasts" ALL

The average Jehovah's Witness often hears that Governing Body members get only about a hundred dollars a month and live in humble apartments at Bethel headquarters in Brooklyn.

In fact they also get: to travel anywhere in the world they care to apply for and even do so numerous times in a year, vacation time, free meals not just at Bethel but when traveling, free dental work, free medical care, free laundry and maid clean-up service, and "Green Hand Shakes."

Green Hand Shakes are where someone such as a wealthy local Elder or someone else wanting to curry favor or wheedle "priveleges," shakes hands with a Watchtower official such as a Circuit Overseer, District Overseer or Governing Body member and while doing so passing to them a check or dollar bills.

Some Green Hand Shakes can be substantial. According to researcher Barbara Anderson, decades ago a wealthy patron gave a check of over twenty thousand dollars to then Watchtower President Nathan Homer Knorr on a yearly basis. For some reason, though, he only gave seventeen thousand dollar checks each year to later Watchtower President Frederick ("Freddie") Franz. Other "patrons" and "supporters of the Kingdom" also gave.

Probably we'll never know, but it's not unimiginable that Knorr and Franz cleared fifty to a hundred thousand dollars in such gifts every year. Not to say that every single Governing Body is this second getting such "donations," but it would also be surprising, in view of Anderson's revelations, if some weren't.

It's also said that Knorr and previous Watchtower President Joseph Rutherford also got non-money gifts such as cars and, at least in Knorr's case, an airplane. No doubt they felt that they were well-entitled to such "gifts," that "slave is worth his wages." Would they have said the same of other JWs getting such "gifts"?

It has been written that Circuit and District Overseers, as said, also get Green Hand Shakes. Expensive Rolex watches have also been mentioned for the COs and DOs. Watchtower Society does not account for gifts of money or items to COs, DOs or Governing Body members, and it would be great if someday Caesar's sword (Romans 13) insisted that they do so.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There is no uniform definiiton of what constitutes a Jew. Who is a Jew is controversial in Judaism. Most religious groups believe that a Jew is someone whose mother is a Jew. The father is not counted as important. This is believed to be due to all the rapes that occurred throughout Jewish history. Before DNA, fatherhood could not be determined accurately but motherhood could. So Jewish mother is the traditional view.

Secular Jews of which there are many object to this formulation. Fatherhood can be counted.

This problem with defining a Jew is very important in Israel. It determines Israeli citizenship and the right to emigrate to Israel. Not too long ago, Israel rescued Ethiopian Jews who were cut off from the development of most modern strands of Judaism. Many of their practices were viewed as nonJewish and even heretical. Israel focused on their bloodlines. I've forgotten some of the details. If I recall correctly, there was political instability in Ethiopia, Coptic Christians were savaging them and many were straving. Once in Israel, special programs were established them to assimilate them into Jewish culture.

I lived in the largest concentration of Jews in the world. Every time the problem of how to define a Jew by Jewish authorities was raised by news events, the pros and cons provoked heavy debate and were widely reported.

What is so wrong with the Talmud? This is what I fail to fathom. Roman Catholics believe that church authority is important in reading the Bible. The Bible alone is not sufficient. This was a major point of the Reformation and Counter-REformation. Jews determine what is legitimate for Jews, outsiders can not.

It reminds me of the U.S. Const'n. Life could not go on this country with out rules and law and order for stability. The plain text of the U.S. Constin is important. Yet the Framers established a Supreme Court. The Court's interpretation of the Const'n, through judicial review, is found in countless thousands of cases that establish precedent. We no longer live in the same world as in 1789. Even Scalia and Thomas believe we need judicial interpretation of the text to survive as a nation. Otherwise, they would have refused to become justices.

I can't even imagine if I were discussing some Jewish matter with a Jew and responded, NO, you are wrong. All your rabbies and authorities are wrong. I read the OT as a Jehovah's Witness. My rule is x. My view is heavily influenced by modern cultural anthropology

There is no absolute rule, across all Jewish people, as to what constitutes a Jew. Secular Jews are frustrated by the dominance of religious parties in Israel. Again, no Jewish group speaks for all Jews.

• cognisonance
    cognisonance
    Governing body members, own vehicles, high value, more than $ 80,000 each, that Bethelites cleaned, then they talk about, "the showy display of one's livelihood"
    According to Bethelites who served at Bethel.. Brown también ha sido dado Lexus
    there are regal Buick LaCrosses for Governing Body members.....

Is this a copy 'n paste job? What's up with the spanish about " Brown has also been given a Lexus." Brown who? Don't think any GB member has a last name of Brown.

$80,000 cars? Even most lexuses don't cost that much. you mention Buick LaCrosse and Regal? MSRP is around 30K (or less) for these, not $80. I believe these are the same cars COs and DOs are given.

I see the point that the GB gets nice treatment, and if they were to live their lifestyle (appartment, car, food, travel, etc) and work a secular job it would require more than the average household income in the US (or likely even in the area they live). But what you post just seems to be exaggeration. This does nothing to help with the facts. Please don't post stuff that isn't true.

Also, what is wrong with the pic of Anthony Morris with 2 rings, 1 watch, and a tie pin? Really, that is a showy display of one's means to life?

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

J. R. Brown, a spokesman at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesse

Jehovah

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Okay I see you are talking about the GB (and other "bethel heavies"). It does look like you just copy 'n pasted from another site (thus the spanish). And it isn't exactly easy to follow what you are saying as a result.

Do you mean that a $80,000+ car is given to each GB member? Or do you mean they are given multiple cars concurrently that value over $80 total? If the latter it would take almost 3 LaCrosse cars to get over 80K. You talk about a "lot" of cars available for the GB and bethel heavies to use. How do you get to the 80K figure?

I admit I may not have the facts here, maybe you know something I don't. But this claim just seems exaggerated.

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Between 80,000 and 100,000 dollars and change every two years, that information is of a former Bethelite that cleaned

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

It also looks like you just copy 'n pasted from another site

From where I take a photo of my portfolio? YOU ARE stupid

• cognisonance
    cognisonance

Perhaps you didn't copy 'n paste. I sorry if I suggested something that wasn't true. So can I try again?

You seem to be saying each GB and bethel heavy gets his own car (or multiple concurrenlty) that total $80-100k in value and gets swapped out every 2 years.

I have two questions. If this claim is true then

1. Why would a GB member need more than one car? Maybe one for the wife? Okay 2 LaCrosses equals ~60K (not 80-100).
    2. Why would they own new cars and keep them just for 2 years. Perhaps they are leasing them instead, which would be cheaper (though not as cheap as owning them and maintaining them for say 10 years)

If this is true, then great, I'm be happy to know these things, but I want to make sure that it's true. My red flags start being raised for me when I come across information that seems exaggerated, unsubstantiated, or baseless. That doesn't mean the information is such, just that I want more details and facts if possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit