My video recorded apostasy trial is now live

by RayPublisher 117 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• perfect1
    perfect1

Here is a suggestion: pull out a couple of 2-4 min clips and post them separately- choose a part with some real gems.

I cant watch the whole thing and I bet other people might also be discouraged by the lengthiness of this.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

excellent Ray, you ripped them to pieces in every department, you out thought them, you utilised scripture far more eloquently then them, your speaking style put them to shame, you should have walked out of there with your head held high, I bet that at the peak of the time as an elder those 3 slobs wouldn't have even laced you boots.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

They kept interrupting you, tried to cut you off. I like how the one named "Eric" said toward the end: "We're trying to reach you." They didn't try at all.

First: they didn't produce evidence against you (at least not in the first 45 minutes)

Second: when you asked who it was that accused you, they didn't say until nearly nearly 15 minutes into the proceedings. They only named one person (they said individuals, but they only named one). Whatever happened to the "2 or 3 witnesses" rule? They certainly didn't present the witnesses in the proceedings which is completely against the procedures.

ks-10 p. 89:

"2. The chairman should invite the accused to make a personal statement. If the accused contends that he is innocent, the witnesses to the wrongdoing should be presented and their testimony should be given in the presence of the accused."

Third, they said neither Matt 18 or Matt 5 applied to gross sins. Huh? Matt 18 is SPECIFICALLY addressing gross sin.

"Hence, when a dedicated Christian commits gross sin, something more than personal confession to Jehovah is needed. The elders must take certain steps, since the cleanness or the peace of the congregation is threatened. (Matthew 18:15-17; 1 Corinthians 5:9-11; 6:9, 10)" w95 1/1 p. 27

Incidentally, this reference is in ks-10 p. 91, point #7.

I will call you out on one thing: At 15:57, you said "no" to the question about 1914 and having been lied to all your life by this organization. That wasn't exactly truthful, now, was it?

Personally, I wouldn't gave gone down the "dissident movement" path, though it may have woken them up a little. The points about going beyond the things that are written and about having no avenue to discuss differing views are perhaps the two issues that annoy me the most about being a JW.

It's really a shame that this type of proceeding happens to those who are reading the Bible and having honest questions. They said that there is an avenue: write to the Society. You pointedly mentioned the article that says that they don't really want us to do that any more. Even if that were an avenue, anyone who has ever served as an elder would know that copy of our question and answer would go also to the local body of elders (and perhaps even the circuit overseer) and the person with the question would be instantly branded as spiritually weak.

Sorry you had to go through this. It's disheartening to see how the word "apostasy" (only mentioned twice in the NT, incidentally . . . mostly used in the OT) is applied to folks like us who DO read the Bible, DO research a lot and DO NOT come to the same conclusion. The reality is that what should be acceptible worship is what James said at James 1:27: "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this: to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself without spot from the world." JW's do NOT look after orphans or widows in their tribulation. They DO try to keep themselves without spot from the world. That's about all I can give them with regards to this verse.

Best to you in 'Life after JW'

• garyneal
    garyneal

marking

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

You did awesome. The world can again see for themselves the deluded way they reason .

"We should learn to love and value truth for its own sake; to respect and honor it by owning and acknowledgmg it wherever we find it and by whomsoever presented.

A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God."

Watchtower magazine 1879 July page 8

Source(s):

Charles Taze Russell Founder of the Watchtower

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I have followed your story and it has been a great deal of help for me and im sure for many others. thank you for all you've done. i may be in a similar situation soon as I have recently spoken with an elder about my situation.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Man, I so wish I could have recorded my JC. The part where they quit letting me use the Bible because I was using it to show core WT teaching are wrong was awesome.

Good job, man.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Wow, this is interesting.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Two words come to mind that best describe to me the entire proceedings: Kangaroo Court !

My impression was that you had them on the defensive. Especially the elder in the middle who appeared to be the chairman. You’d think he had ants in his pants. He was fidgety, appeared to be sweating and just not comfortable with himself as though he lacked confidence; lack of confidence perhaps due to the fact that what you were saying in your defense was ‘truth’ and he/they knew it.

Job well done!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That was worth watching..

They had nothing..No evidence..No answers..

You beat the crap out of them..

Did they ever tell you what was said about you?..

Thats what this was all about..

Or..

Did they bring you in,not discuss what was said..

Then DF you?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit